Can I Just Pat Myself on the Back Right Now and Talk About Voting?

I'm going to pat myself on the back for posting another new chapter to my Sim's story. It's chapter twelve and a new character is introduced. Luna! Luna Standers! I'm going to either today or tomorrow add to the character section. I'm late getting younger pictures for some of my characters But Luna is still young AKA she isn't an elder yet. So I got a picture of her.

Also some blogs ago I mentioned a new story coming out which is true. It's called Hotel 13 and it's going to be a horror story. Should I post the blurb? Nah, I'll wait! I don't know when i am going to post the first chapter though. And chances are this won't have a character section.

So in other news I want to talk about voting being a right or privilege. I Googled it trying to find a list of things one can do to have their voting "rights" taken away and so far the only thing I have gathered is that if you commit a felony it will be revoked.......like a privilege.

I mean me personally if it can be taken away like a driver's license it's clear cut to me that it's a privilege.Because I mean you can't take anyone's rights away even though it's commonly said that you have the right to vote and not you have the privilege to vote. If that makes sense.

I was just thinking about that because I think like three or four weeks ago in my medical legal issues class on a discussion board we had to pick a topic about um......I can hardly remember. Well we had to post our opinions on a topic and I had read that a woman found out that her voting rights were revoked.

What happened was that she voted and was later arrested two months after for voter's fraud and she was under the impression by her attorney that after serving her probation she could vote again only to find out that her state is one of three that permanently revokes voting rights if one has a criminal history.

So with that being said voting is more of a privilege. Or maybe it's both? It's a right first but becomes a privilege if you commit a felony. Because originally everyone has the right to vote and sign up to vote but should do something that is against the law felony wise you lose that right.

What do you think this? Do you think that other states should implement this?

This woman has since changed her life and is a mom and is on the right track.

I personally think that if a person has served their time and has bettered their life, why shouldn't they be allowed to vote? I mean sure staying on the straight and narrow isn't that hard but if you continue to revoke voters rights over the years.....there's going to be some short lines at the polls....

Here's the article for anyone who is interested Don't like the color fool you, that is a clickable link. I don't know which box I put the color code in that did it but I'm glad the link color blends in with the rest of the text.
November 24th, 2014 at 10:55pm