Tolerance.

I would like to state that I feel like a pretty tolerant person about most things. Sure, I have things I'm short fused about. Some stuff I refuse to even discuss with people such as religion, politics, gender related topics because a lot of folks just can't be civil.

I've put up with rude people in my day at my job and people in my family because I feel those are situations that merit extra patience but I also never let people completely mistreat me.

I'm overall a patient person but the question on my mind is, how tolerant and patient must you be with people or situations before you're justified to walk away or just overlook those things when they are obviously negatively influenced in a continuous way?

Specifically people. Some people are so cynical and hateful that it's very trying to WANT to be around them and their friend. I feel like I've tried countless times with one person and they are still being negative and somewhat rude. I don't like being a hypocrite and being rude back to them and I won't because I try to be mannerly and tolerant, but I'm not sure what's the best solution.

We don't talk a ton so maybe I will just continue to politely thank them for speaking/commenting me but no longer go out of my way to comment them and reach out. Do any of you have any POLITE and NON pushy thoughts on the subject?
November 25th, 2014 at 12:41am