I'm Sick

I haven't been active at all the past few days... But as most of my friends know here, I'm pregnant with my third kiddo (22 weeks) and I was just NOT made for pregnancy. Seriously. With my first son I ended up having an emergency c-section due to severe preeclampsia, which is life-threatening high blood pressure. My BP was something like 201/160... I had a severe migraine, the doctors had me covered in ice packs, and I don't remember anything outside of the pain in my head. They tried to induce me because the only cure is delivery, but that didn't work and I should have already been seizing... so they did the emergency c-section (I was holding out because I was trying to shard to wait for my husband to get there, which didn't end up happening. My mom was there though so that was really awesome).

Well the past few days have been extremely rough with my kids. Saturday my 4 year old threw a violent temper tantrum in the middle of McDonald's and all the way out to the car (biting, hitting, kicking, screaming, pulling, scratching, etc), which is something he has NEVER done to me before. Needless to say, it was stressfull, and then yesterday morning he wakes up vomiting. Three hours later his 1 year old brother busts his head off a crate in the playroom. So I had two very unhappy children on my hands and all I could do was try to make them comfortable.

Today I started to get a headache around 11, but I figured if I drank some water it'd go away, they usually do. By 3 I was on the couch, not moving with every light off and the blinds shut. I hardly had the strenght to go get some tylenol, but I did and got it down. 30 minutes later with no improvement. So I napped. It got worse. So I continued to lie on the couch and just wait. I couldn't get up without falling to my knees, (thankfully my 4 year old can change a diaper just as good as I can lol and he's always wanting to help out when mommy doesn't feel good), and I couldn't see out of my peripherals... like I literally felt like I was going blind because my vision was fading to black around the sides. So I turned onto my left side (something they had me do in the hospital) and I fell quickly back to sleep. Woke up just before 5 and still no relief. I was able to make the kids dinner, but then I was on the couch again till my mom got in from work.

It's better now. I can sit up and move around without wincing. But the lights are off again, my laptop is dimmed as much as it can go, I took more medicine (still not working) and I'm just about to head to bed.

I just wanted to let you all know that if i'm not around for the next few days, for one, Thanksgiving is coming up, and for two, I am trying to do everything in my power to knock my blood pressure down before I end up in the hospital because I'm only 22 weeks, it's just me here at home, my mom has to work so we can make rent, and my boyfriend is on the road working so we can pay bills. We literally can't afford for me to end up in the hospital on bed rest, or worse, having a preemie... I want my baby to make it full term and be healthy.

Anyways... Tata for now guys. I'll be back when I feel better!!!!!!!!!
November 25th, 2014 at 04:18am