Retreat + More

Okay.

I feel like I say this a million times, but I go to an all girls Catholic high school. Prior to that I've been in the Catholic school system for basically my entire life. Good medium when your parent's want to give you a private school experience without actually sending you to private school.

Anyway, when you get to high school every class level has a day for a retreat. Basically you go somewhere to get closer to God and all your classmates.

Since I'm a senior we get a 2 and a half day retreat out of the city.

Long story short, it had its pro and cons. I saw some horrifying shit as I bawled my eyes out. (I swear a girl caught the Holy Ghost...pure screaming for over an hour I witnessed. Traumatizing. ) Had some bland food. Got to smell literal fresh air. And went from feeling from secondary to loved within a 12 hour span.

So, yeah. And I got a jelly bracelet with the phrase "God Rocks!" to prove it.

I don't feel closer to anybody who I wasn't already somewhat closer to before. But I do feel a bit more cemented in some things I'm sure no one cares to hear about.

Now I am home. In my own comfortable bed with food. (Shoutout to the fam who went grocery shopping before picking me up to take me home. They the OG squad)

I was gonna talk about...you know what.

But I see a lot of people are letting this get to their skin so instead I feel like it would be a great time to direct people to my Sunday blog.

Honestly...this issue should effect you. It should bring some emotion out of it. Make you think, get you mad or whatever the fuck.

It's suppose to make you feel.

I don't like having my social media in any form to be useless to me. I wanna learn something as I am scrolling through it.

I understand if people feel a type of way about the current discussion on the blogs, but I see it as progress. Weening the bullshit out and making people see this shit.

Cause this shit is real.

I haven't been able to fully see everything since the only time I did have to see things was on short breaks and when the night was over. And at the retreat we were out from 7:30 A.M to 11:30 P.M.

But, yeah, don't let this shit bring you down cause this shit is life.

Don't turn your back on life.

I also just wanna say that the world doesn't/can't be changed without radical movement.

Who changed history by sipping tea?

Happy thanksgiving to all my Americans tomorrow.
November 27th, 2014 at 12:19am