"I Honestly Don't Care About Ferguson."

Ok I'm going to make this blog as less "condescending" as possible since that's what I got banned for the last time I made a serious blog. I want to assure anybody reading this to know that I'm not talking about any specific person or blog or user on this site. I apologize in advance if you feel offended in anyway. This is just my honest opinion. I'm doing this with a good heart and Blog Moderators, if I do accidentally say something worthy of being banned please tell me so I can take it down.

"I don't care about what's happening in Ferguson"

Image

OKay. Literally no one asked. If you don't care, thats because you don't have to care. When you're a black person living in america and you see everything that's happening, you don't have a choice but to care. It's not about you. It's not about you. It's not for you. None of the protesters, or I for that matter, care if you don't care. It's still happening whether you care or not. Not being able to care is a privilege.

What is happening is so much bigger than Mike Brown and for you to say you don't care, is like saying you don't care about the well being of black people in America. You don't care that for the last eight years, two black people have been unlawfully shot and killed by police every week. You don't care if your country is racist as long as you don't have to see another god damn ferguson post I guess. People are standing up for something they truly believe in, white and black and all races, and it's a little rude to say.

"No one knows what really happened."

Except we do. And that's why there are so many angry people. We know what happened and it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last. That's why people are protesting. Black people are literally so fed up and tired of innocent people being killed because their skin color is associated with danger. Do you know how that feels? To wake up and know you're more likely to be killed by people who are supposed to protect you, just because of something you can't help. Of course you don't.

"Okay but why are they protesting. Violence doesn't help violence."

The riots and peaceful protest are two very different things, although the media is doing a great job of grouping them both together and only showing the worst of what's happening. Like they do best. There is indeed a handful of people trying to loot and riot but for the most part those negative things have died down. It's human nature for people to get drunk off adrenaline and I do not whatsoever support that. Lots of protesters even tried to stop the looting. These people aren't bad. There are bad people out there, no doubt about it, but these protestors are being grouped in with these criminals and it's not fair. They won't show you the love and sadness that theses people feel.

Also most human rights movements in america started with riots and protest. Even Gay Pride started as a riot. Clearly that's the only way for people to understand. It's like we've been asking nicely for years and now that we're yelling it very loudly and aggressively, we are being told to calm down and that we should be civil, we shouldn't make it that big of a deal. But children are dying! It is a big deal! The answer is no. We will not be silent and I support protest all over the country and I'm sorry if you're scared but not really. If you're close to wear riots are happening, I'm sending you love and I hope you stay safe. If you're near where peaceful protest are happening, I'm sending you love and I urge you join in and become a part of history.

"No one is gonna listen to me because I'm white. I'm being bullied because of my race."
...
Image
Please.

"Okay but remember not all white people are racist. I'm not racist. Not all cops are bad. Hate breeds hate."

Hate does not breed hate. If hate bred hate then white people would be extinct. This country (America) is built on hate.

Besides no one is hating on you. We're hating the way things are. We're hating the hate on us!. We don't hate white people. We hate how you see us. How you fear us. How you passagressivly expect us to be your inferior. We feel your hate everyday. No matter how small it is. We know not all but a lot are, a lot more than I thought when I was in elementary school and I was sure that racism is over. The protests do not hate you. We just really love ourselves. We really love our children and brothers and sisters. We really love our skin color and we really love our race and we hate being treated like second class citizens. Sorry if you feel so uncomfortable by that.

Okay well that's pretty much all I want to say. Again this is not aimed at anyone in particular and if you feel attacked them I'm very sorry. You can send me a message and I'll gladly delete it or clear it up for you. I don't want anyone to be offended by this honestly. I love everyone equally and I don't think one particular race is better than another, it's just time we all got on an equal playing field.
November 27th, 2014 at 12:58pm