New Kitty Maybe?

If you've ever had the pleasure of talking to me or see my facebook or instagram, you know I love animals. It's always been that way. It's gotten a lot worse now that I'm going to school to be a vet tech. I've always wanted to help strays out and now that I'm learning how to do it on a medical basis, I want to save all the animals! In reality I know I can't but it doesn't hurt to try.

Which brings me to the topic of getting a new cat. Monday night when I was walking home from the bus, I saw a cat following me. I called it over and it was friendly. It let me hold it and was even happily purring. I called my mom down and told her to bring food. She of course told me to stop feeding strays but when she saw the cat, she understood.

Fast forward to tonight, the same cat came back. I wanted to bring it in so badly. It's freezing out! But we gave it more food and I later debated with my mom. She has said no more animals but recently rephrased that to no more male cats. My cats, Motley and Crue, ruined male cats for her. They're crazy, I know that. Guess I shouldn't have named them after an 80's hair band. ha. But she said if the lovely cat is a female (which I think it is) we can make her an official part of our family.

The cat is a sweetheart, it really is. I just hope and pray I can bring it in. It doesn't deserve to live on the streets. And it obviously trusts us because it came back. And if everything does turn out and it becomes part of the family, I'm going to do some testing to make sure it doesn't have worms or anything (I know how to do that now!)

Hope and pray things work out? Because I feel so bad leaving it outside. I know I wouldn't be able to convince my mom in taking in an intact male.

If I do end up keeping it, I'm thinking Gypsy for the name.
November 28th, 2014 at 04:35am