Writing a Play + Funny Story Because My Mom Is Hilarious + Questions

Song at the Moment: "But Tonight We Dance" by Rise Against

So I have to write a play for my creative writing class that has to be at least 10 pages.

This is the hardest fucking shit I've ever done.

I was going through a pretty tough stage of writer's block when our summaries were due so I just thought of a random plot. A girl reads a status and assumes it's about her and gets angry at her friend for posting it. What she doesn't realize is that her friend wasn't the one who posted it.

Yeah. This isn't working out.

I'm literally writing so much unnecessary crap just to get the ten pages. I keep rereading what I wrote so far and it's probably the worst thing I've ever written. It's so frustrating.

End of mini rant.

Next!

I asked my mom what she wanted for Christmas. Her response was an, "I don't know".

Wanna know what she ended up doing?

She came home with a juicer and said, "This was a hundred bucks but Jewel had it on sale for 20 so I bought it. Wrap it up and sign your name. This is what you're getting me for Christmas."

So, needless to say, I don't have to go shopping for her.

I don't know what to get my dad for Christmas. He said he wants a dress shirt or a pair of jeans but he's so fucking picky about his clothes. His collars have to be a certain fabric and he wants jeans that have a crease down the middle of the leg.

A crease that runs down the middle of the leg.

WHO FUCKING SELLS JEANS LIKE THAT?!

Lol so much for that. He also says he wants a Ferrari so one year, I printed out a picture of a red one and put it in a giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiant box and wrapped it up. Such funny (yes, I gave him a real present that year as well).

I'm getting my friend Carissa a stuffed animal from the Disney store and a CD. I don't know what I want to give to my friend John. I was going to give him the new Taylor Swift album but he told me his dad is getting that for him.

#thestruggle

Sigh. Oh well. I know what I'm getting my dog. I found this 4 foot sized stuffed toy that's in the shape of a bone at the pet store. Picture my dog -- who is half Yorkie and half Jack Russel Terrier -- carrying that around. It'll be great!

Questions!
1. How are you?
2. To my fellow 'Muricans, how was Thanksgiving? If you're not American, how was your day?
3. What gifts are you getting your favorite people for Christmas? If you don't celebrate Christmas, what do you celebrate?

Ciao a tutti!
November 28th, 2014 at 07:09am