Where Are All My Writing Niches At? (Slash? Rom-Coms?) | Questions!

Bonjour, Mibba people! Alice here! Image

I've changed my layout slightly, not that anyone would know what it looked like before, but I'm pretty happy with it.
I think it's pretty cute.
Tell me that blushy blushy isn't adorable. Image

Well I hope it's at least not ugly enough to make you click away before reading anything.
But I guess I'll never know, haha. (* ̄(エ) ̄*)

Yes my title is a poor rip-off of where my party people at.
It appears at this time, I have neither. ◉ ᴗ ◉

Now if I am fuzzy-recognizable to anyone, it's probably because I am (was? used to be? does it still exist?) in the gay fiction/slash writing niche.
If my blog layout did not give it away, then my profile or my stories page may give that away.
I'm not very subtle. Image

And before slash used to be a nice niche, there was a lot of original fic slash, people would even complain, and clearly it worked because it has dwindled to the very low. ಥ_ಥ
I mean when I first started writing Homophobe even then, it was still sort of niche-y. I had a nice group of active niche friends. Lots of stories to read and people to talk to.
I then dropped off the face of the earth (or rather, Mibba) came back and the niche-y-ness and all my friends have disappeared. Image

Now, I'm planning on posting the last chapter of Homophobe in December when I'm done school (hurrah! finishing something in life! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧) but I don't know where to go from there.

I love slash fiction, and I know write for yourself and all that, but it's nice making friends in the writingsphere, I miss that niche feeling.
Maybe there is a slash niche and I am just not invited. (╥﹏╥)

So I may up and go one of my other slash projects, but I also might go in the rom com direction.
Rom-com is where the heart is, as the saying always goes i'm sure. Image

I mean, it's not a surprise, as many of my slash are slash rom-coms, but I do like heterosexual rom-coms as well, any rom-com elements are good with me.
Rom com.
Romantic comedy.
Is it weird now? Image

I posted a chapter of one, and then took down the first chapter here but it seems that rom-com isn't a very prominent Mibba niche either.

Why can I not just join the masses peacefully, why must I be so difficult. ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ

I guess it's hard to find a writing niche, and I don't post blogs that often so that probably contributes (more in the future? maybe?) and I don't post that often because I haven't found my niche.

It's an awful cycle. Image

But with the break in December I have, I'd like to do a lot more writing, and a lot more Mibba bonding, but I guess we'll see. Is anyone in any of these niches?

On that note, if you know or have any good slash or rom com or slash rom com stories that you've written or someone else and would recommend to me, that would be amazing. Image

QUESTIONS!
1. What is your writing niche?
2. Where do you find yourself most on Mibba?

I guess that's everything, hope you have a dandy day! Image

Au revoir from Walter and I!
Image
November 29th, 2014 at 06:28pm