Hopping on the Bandwagon | In Regards to Ferguson

I just thought I would put my opinion on here, and speak of a few different things I have been thinking about lately. I am also sorry that this might be a little scattered. One thing you are going to have to remember while reading this: I am an Idealist.

1. I know you have heard it before, but I am not a racist by any means. If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you. End of story.

2. I believe that Darren Wilson was in the right, BUT I also believe that he needed to be indicted. The family is grieving over the loss of their first born, and they had their day in court taken away and I am so sorry for this.

3. From what evidence I gathered, Micheal Brown was an extremely tall guy and a little on the bigger side. Darren Wilson was roughly around the same height and weight, but Micheal Brown seemed to have more muscle. I am not their size at all, but if I saw someone, white or black or Hispanic, or Asian, come at me with the same height and weight of Micheal Brown, I would probably have done the same thing.

Now, not everything that Darren Wilson spoke of, I agreed with. When he decided to come out and speak with CNN, he didn't sound remorseful, and he even said he would do it again if he had to. Also he said that if it was a white kid killed by a white cop, it would have gotten the same media attention. I don't believe that for a second. So, all in all, I believe that Darren Wilson was in fear of his life, and did the only thing at the time that he knew to do. I do not, however, believe that Darren Wilson should have been let go without an indictment.

I now want to talk about things that have been on my mind lately. It seems to me that a lot of people are trying to get others to stop with the racism, but thing about that is there is always going to be racism in the world. Everyone wants world peace, but sometimes all people want to see is the world burn.

Any more, no one can have an opinion because another doesn't like it. I read a blog on here yesterday, and it was pretty much someone saying how if you don't want to hear about Ferguson anymore then fuck you. I don't want to hear about Ferguson on Mibba, honestly. Not because I am ignorant or just don't want to hear about it. It is because Mibba used to be filled with people who cared for each other, and now that Ferguson has happened, everyone is pissed off at each other because of their opinions. Someone in Ferguson right now might be on Mibba and want to get away from all of it, but now they can't because everyone is pissed off. If you are black and you are wanting to protest, then by God you go protest. Protest your hearts out. Fight for what you believe in, but I wish that it would be left off of Mibba.

I am sorry for every black american that can't walk out of their home because they might get pulled over by a cop or get shot at. If I could change it, I would, but I can't. There is always going to be racism in the world whether we like it or not. We are never going to have peace in the world because everyone has an opinion. One person thinks blue is a better color that pink and vice versa.

Trayvon Martin was seventeen and killed by a thirty year old Hispanic man on 2/25/12. Four months later, a boy by the name of Marley Lion got shot by a black male five times. It never got passed local news. They got the suspects and charged them, but no one ever heard it. Here is a little snippet from Snopes.com

"The sad fact is that the U.S. sees about 16,000 homicides per year, a number which precludes more than a scant handful of them receiving national news coverage — generally the ones that do garner national attention involve political or social controversy (Trayvon Martin), lurid details (Jodi Arias), celebrities (O.J. Simpson), or victims such as pregnant women, mothers, and children who are perceived as particularly vulnerable and sympathetic (Laci Peterson, Casey Anthony). Marley Lion's death, although no less important than anyone else's, involved none of the extraordinary factors that propel a few select homicide cases into the national spotlight, so — just like thousands of other murder victims — his death remained a local news story."

These are just my opinions and what has been on my mind. I know it won't change any ones perception on the situation, and I am probably wasting my breath, but it was something I needed to let out on here. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

-Koda
November 29th, 2014 at 09:18pm