Still Sick

Only this time it's not me, so I'm going to be absent a bit longer.

So if y'all remember, my oldest son threw his tantrum over a week ago, and then he was throwing up all the next day, which was followed by my absolutely terrible two-day migraine... well then on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, my oldest woke up from a nap with a fever... Thanksgiving afternoon showed us his rash, and by Friday he was fine... unfortunately his brother wasn't. Friday afternoon my 1 year old woke up with a high fever, so we (his doctor and I) assumed that he had Roseola like his brother and it would be gone in a few days.

Well his fever broke late Saturday night, but returned yesterday afternoon, just not as bad and stayed under 102, which is how it is now... He was miserable last night and this morning I found out why.

He has hand, foot, and mouth disease which is a viral infection that causes a fever followed by painful blisters in the mouth, and on his hands and feet (if you couldn't guess from the name lol), so now we have another few days of waiting it out because it's viral... there's nothing we can do but give him tylenol and ibuprofen to help with the pain, numb his mouth with orajel so he can get some fluids in, and wait it out.

So for now, I will still probably not be on all that often... Not only is my kid sick, BUT we also got Netflix last night so the boys get to watch Super Why all day (I only let them indulge that much in tv if they're sick) and mommy is going to marathon Gilmore Girls!

I also think I'll be sleeping in a rocking chair all night because my baby does NOT want to sleep in his bed at all now that he's not feeling good. He just wants mumma... unfortunately he won't sleep in my bed with me (he just thinks it's playtime) so I get to hold him in the rocking chair.

Next week better be a better week...
December 1st, 2014 at 03:49pm