The Semester Is Over, Thank God

I've been waiting for this since, like, the first week of the semester.

I can't really put into words how crappy this semester was, schoolwork-wise. Everything else was pretty okay but there was crap coming at me from all directions, from all classes. Whew!

I ended up getting an 85 on my first final for Digital Imaging Fundamentals, which was a lot better than I thought I'd do. Still waiting on the final grade for the last project in that class, but hopefully I get a decent grade. I got an 80 on the stupid Flash project in another class (which hardly affected my grade in the end) and got an 88 on the final, which is super cool. Ended up with an A in Drawing II, the only class where I kinda felt in my element, and now I'm just waiting to find out what I got on my Art History final. I f*cked up in that class and currently have a 73...but I felt kinda okay with how my final went yesterday, though I'm just waiting for the grade to get posted.

I'm sitting here at home and my God, I'm glad that semester's over. o_O

I'm going up north for Christmas with my family so we can be with the rest of the family on my dad's side (literally everyone in my whole family is from either Ohio or New York). Can't wait!

Anyways, I figured it's been a while since I've posted a blog. Which means that I haven't done a doodle dump in a while, AKA like two weeks probably. But I don't have my scanner with me, so if I don't do one now it'll probably just do a gigantic one in January and that wouldn't be fun for anyone. It'll just be stuff from Drawing I (last semester) and Drawing II (this semester), since it's a weird tangent from my cartoony cheesy scribbles.

Here's some bones n' sh*t from last semester.
Image

Image

Upper half of a skeleton, since the lower half came out horribly disproportionate.
Image

Midterm drawings from last semester.
Image

Image

If I had a dime for every self-portrait I've had to draw, I'd be rich. This was the first drawing I did in Drawing II and it's super wonky (my left eye is just floating off into the distance) but it's probably my favorite self-portrait.
Image

This was kinda cool to do. I started off with just a page covered in charcoal and erased it gradually to make highlights and stuff.
Image

And yeah, eventually we had to draw naked people. ...I was not comfortable with this. And as a result, I left every crotch bare - I gave 'em the Ken doll treatment, and most of the time we just drew the same old guy model. I'll link the drawings below, since I don't want to risk getting reported (I'll take 'em down if it's a problem!). I'll assure you that under the black bars, there's absolutely nothing. XD But I censored it just in case.

Final, AKA "Too Many Naked Old Men, But Hey, Look at This Ribcage"

Midterm, AKA "Seriously, Focus on the Ribcage, Don't Look at the Old Guys"

Misc. Assignment, AKA "Why Did the Model Have to Sit Like That? I'll Distract Myself With a Ribcage"

Collage, AKA "I Don't Understand What's Going on Here, But Art Is Suffering, So Yeah"

I'm not very good at naming my drawings.

- - -

I've been watching a lot of Good Mythical Morning. Which is weird, actually. Rhett and Link aren't nearly as ~raunchy~ as some of the other Youtubers I'm subscribed to. I mean, like, they don't curse or talk about anything "dirty," and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's kind of a contrast when I go to them after watching Ashens cuss at expired food, for example.

The first episode I watched was "Will It Deep Fry?" and honestly my first reaction was, "This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." And here I am, running out of videos to watch since I've been using 'em as background noise for the past few weeks. o_o

I don't know. There's just something funny about 'em, I can't put my finger on it.

Anyways, have a good night! I hope the Holidays are treating you well.
Image
December 7th, 2014 at 04:31am