Mums Are Great, Aren't They?

With all the stuff going on in my relationship and how its been depressing me, I thought it would be good to just get out of the house, go for a drive and just see more of Scotland.
Yes, ofcourse I got lost, Im also very lucky to still be alive because I nearly crashed once or twice, but I found one of the most incredible roads Ive ever driven on. I also found a nice walk, literally in the middle of nowhere.
I parked up with absolutely no idea where I was, no signal on my phone, no idea where I was on my map. I thought it would be a good idea to just take a walk.
It was nice, it cleared my mind, but there are still a million questions going through my mind.

I started to drive home and I knew as soon as I got home I would break down into tears, its been coming, and today I finally snapped.

I parked up outside my house, went inside looking for my mum, I needed a hug, she wasnt there... So I went outside and she was up the ladder fixing stuff.
She looked down and said the usual "alright?"... Then I just shook my head, looked down at the floor and broke. I havent cried like that since I broke up with Jodie.

I am broken and Ive lost me, Ive lost who I am.... and instead of relying on my girlfriend to come back in to my life and fix me I think Im going to have to try my best to fix myself, and around this time of year that isnt going to be exactly easy.

Mum gave me the biggest hug and gave me her words of wisdom, she started crying aswell, it was horrible but kind of nice, it was a relief to just break down, is that weird?
She told me to take it a day at a time, she told me that its up to Amy if she wants to be with me and she also agreed with me that at least once a week isnt enough to continue a proper relationship.
She told me what I thought she would tell me, but at least now she knows my feelings are more fragile than a guinea pig.

Im not a massive family man because Ive never really had a family, but yeah, whenever I need her which is usually in getting together and breaking up with Jodie and maybe Amy, my mum has been the most incredible person.

Mums are great, arent they?
December 7th, 2014 at 10:07pm