Whoever Thinks That "All About That Bass" Is the Best Song Ever Can...

... go ahead and love that song all they want and jam to it and feel empowered by it all they want. You go and rock that thang that you got going on because that is fantastic.

I honestly have never understood what is so hard about saying things like that. Seriously. What does anyone hope to gain by saying: "If you like suh and such, you can go die in a fire"? Like, really, guys, really?

Especially when it is over something so trivial, like a song or a T.V. show. OR A FREAKING FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

For instance, I can honestly say that I have never and cannot ever see myself liking The Walking Dead T.V. series.

But you don't see me all over other people like: "OH DON'T LIKE THAT. IT'S TERRIBLE AND I DON'T LIKE IT SO YOU CAN'T EITHER".

You also will never catch me saying: "OH, YOU HATE MARKIPLIER? GO DIE. WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS".

Like, seriously? I just don't get it. There are so many real, actual problems in the world. And people blow up and make such a big deal out of these things. Yeah, I understand fandoms being really important to you. I understand liking something to its fullest and being super about it and into it.

That's awesome and you have every right to. But please, understand that you have that right, and because YOU have that right, so does EVERYONE else on the planet, and the sooner we learn to stop attacking each other over this stuff, the sooner we can work towards not attacking each other about life or death stuff.

MMMKAY???

_____

That aside, I hope you all are doing fantastic. c:

Leave a comment with a piece of your work you would like me to check out, if you wish. My internet is being poopy and not letting comment swap work, but I will gladly read/recc for fun while I'm sitting here waiting for inspiration to strike.
December 10th, 2014 at 12:56am