Say Hello to Pippa!

I posted a sad blog yesterday about dogs, so today I was inspired to create an entire blog dedicated to my baby.

Let's get started.

Just over a month ago, my boyfriend and I started talking about getting a dog of our own. I had been following a rescue in my area for a while when they posted a picture of the sweetest dog I had ever seen. Let me see if I can find that exact photo...

Image

Here it is!

When I saw that face, I just knew I had to have her. I talked to Brendan and we decided to go up and meet her. Her name was Roxie and she came from the home of an elderly woman who was an extreme hoarder with 6 other dogs besides her. She had her dog sister, Miley, who was a pug and also so cute, but we knew Roxie was going to be ours.

We signed the papers that day and took her home a few hours later! I have been in love with her ever since I laid eyes on her. I really just can't explain my obsessive love for this dog. She makes me so incredibly happy, especially when I've had a bad day and she is so excited to see me.

It took us a bit to decide a name for her, but we finally chose Pippa! I think it fits her pretty well, and she already comes to it.

Image

She is really bad about begging. If you have food in your hand, she wants some of it. She's actually a little chunky. The vet told us she needs to lose 1 lb, because she's sitting pretty heavy at 7 and a half.

Image

Pippa is also my little cuddle buddy. She loves to cuddle right up to me and make me pet her. She also turns over onto her back all the time so you scratch her belly. And she always, always kicks her little leg!

Image

We have a mini space heater and anytime Pippa is cold she goes and stands right in front of it. She will just stand there until she's all warmed up and ready to cuddle again. She also really likes to sit on my heated blanket when I have it on.

Image

This is her very first Christmas photo. She isn't a huge fan of the Christmas tree, but at least she doesn't try to eat it or play with the ornaments.

Image

This photo is from her first play date with Brendan's dog, Chloe. They don't actually get along very well, contrary to what this photo may say. Pippa is a little bit territorial and Chloe doesn't give a fuck.

Image

Pippa is my little angel and I honestly don't think I could have picked a better dog. She is so sweet and loving, as well as a little bit playful and the biggest dork I know. I love her to pieces!
December 12th, 2014 at 09:35pm