New Stories and the Search for Car Antlers

Welp, I finally finished a little short story novella-type thing I've been dragging my feet with for the past few months. And it's not original content, it's a spinoff of Generation Why Bother, but it's a different direction.

To sum it up, it's basically a collection of anecdotes told from Oshie's point of view about him growing up with his dad, losing his mom, and touching on other stuff that just hasn't had the right context in GWB or its actual sequel. I'm gonna post the first chapter sometime tomorrow (and updates will come every other day, since it's all prewritten), but here's the story page: Keeping On.

- - -

Speaking of new crap, I'm still outlining Born Lucky, the "novel" I've been trying to plan out since, like, this past spring. As usual, things have gotten in the way, and, well, I don't really have much nailed down yet other than the characters and their personalities. Plot? What the heck is a plot?

I made a major change and got rid of one character (but in retrospect, he was pretty boring), so that happened. But I'm trying to work out the specifics and stuff. The protagonist's "big sister" (they're not actually related) is a character who I created in 2012, and I always knew I wanted to write her into something.

I can't even tell you much about the plot since I myself don't even know if it'll change, but it boils down to this so far: a freshman girl who has always been superstitious finds out that she gets chosen to be the world's bearer of good luck (or something like that). So she works alongside an adventurous woman who represents unstable luck/chance, a quiet dude who represents karma, and a skeleton fella who's just plain bad luck. They try to keep the world in balance, yadda yadda, and I don't know what's gonna happen beyond that. o_O

- - -

I turned my town upside-down to find car antlers for the past few weeks. Long story short, my dad found some at Pep Boys and now my crappy SUV has achieved Ultimate Festivity.

Image
Image

I have no clue why, but there's something inherently adorable about large cars wearing antlers or eyelashes.

(A long time ago I actually wrote a story about my car...it's really stupid.)

- - -

So The Fine Brothers' TV show is finally premiering - React to That. And I know it's probably stupid and blindly optimistic to say this, but I'm really hoping for the best. I stumbled upon Kids React back in the summer of 2011 - I forget why - and since then I've been a subscriber to their Youtube channel. I dunno, I just always found it cool how they've made new shows with the same format while changing up certain things. Not to mention the fact that they always seem to choose really relevant things for people to react to.

It was also pretty cool to see 'em in the Youtube Rewind for 2014, haha. I didn't recognize anybody at first and then they came in, and I had the opportunity to say, "Hey, I watch them!" (And then of course I recognized Jenna Marbles and Rhett & Link.) XD

Anyways, I'm done rambling for the night. Have a great night!
Image
December 14th, 2014 at 05:45am