Want to Pick a Fight?

I have discovered a new hobby recently. I’ve always liked reality TV but this is some next level time killing. I’ve found out that reading the comments on Facebook posts are more entertaining than I thought. But I don’t read everything of course. I actually only read the comment section of our Belgian newspapers like De Morgen or De Standaard, but my absolute favourite comment section is the one from Het Nieuwsblad.
I don’t know what’s up with people that are willing to pick a fight over the Internet. It’s pointless because first, people can delete their comments and that’s unfair (most of all because I lose track if they delete some content) and second, you can’t slap someone in the face over the almighty Internet.
It’s very entertaining to read some people their opinions that they just throw around without thinking. And then, when someone proofs them wrong! Perfect moment.
And sometimes you can read the comments in real-time and if you can’t, you can just count the spelling errors. Okay, everyone can make a spelling error, but their Dutch is comparable to my 11 year old niece's English skills sometimes.
Of course there are some serious people out there, but you only see a glimpse of them.
Anyway, it’s fun. You should try it.
December 14th, 2014 at 01:51pm