Probably the Most Shaken I've Ever Been.

Hello there, Mibba. How are you all? I know you were probably expecting my second reccomendation blog, but as of right now, I'm a bit too shaken up to properly reccomend anything, and I really feel like I need to get this out so that it doesn't follow me around for the rest of the night, so thank you in advance for bearing with me. You're the best.

So, I went over to my aunt's house today to help her bathe her dogs, do their toenails, etc, and to do a behavior consult on her new puppy as well as work with her middle dog who struggles with anxiety and nerve damage. I wanted to make sure they were getting along and coping well. She also has a ten-year-old dog who is my dog's full-blooded sister, but I wasn't as concerned about her and the puppy meshing because she has dealt with puppies being in the house before.

Now, I started out cutting the older dog's toenails and, don't you know it, I clipped a quick (the vein that runs through a dog's toenails) on the second paw that I tried to do. Now, normally, I can stop quick bleeding with cornstarch as it helps the blood clot and coagulate. Not today. My aunt tried to put pressure on it and even wrapped it because she is in the people medical field and therefore thinks she knows how to handle animal medicine too.

Now, at this point, the dog has been bleeding for 10 minutes, and I finally convince her to let me take the dog up to my work after calling and making sure that our techs could look at her. However, my work is a 20-30 minute drive from her house depending on traffic, so this dog bled out of her toenail for 40 minutes because my aunt was too busy trying to fix it herself.

And there was a lot more blood than I am used to for a toenail. I have quicked a few dogs in my lifetime, I will admit, and only one of them bled that bad and he had an actual clotting disorder. Now, I don't know about you, but if my dog was bleeding from anywhere and someone was offering to take it to get patched up free of charge, I would be like:

"Here. Take my car. Godspeed to you."

Anyways, long story short, the dog was fine. Our vets patched her up good AND clipped up the rest of her toenails for me, which was super nice of them.

I found a puncture wound on her young dog's face, that she tld me was from the puppy, and I wanted to cry, because it was so scabby and nasty and she didn't want me to touch it. I told my aunt we need to work with the puppy, because there's no way in heck that this puppy shoould be leaving puncture wounds on an adolescent dog.

She insisted that it would "be fine". She was more interested in talking complaining about my mother (who is her sister, just for reference).

So I let her complain to me about how her mom shuts her out which she does, and how she never wants to see her also true, and about how she hates that we spend time together now VERY true. I talked through it with her, it doesn't bother me.

And then she wanted to talk about what's going on in my life. So we did.

At this point, between everything, I had been there for 7 hours, and it was now 8 o'clock P.M.

When she suddenly goes silent, and then mumbles something. Not hearing her, I asked what she said.

"You're an asshole. Everyone hates you."

It was a slap in the face out of nowhere. Here we were, talking and having a good time, when she up and says that.

I couldn't do anything but look at her and try not to cry, it was so shocking.

She gestures at me from across the table and goes:

"You wanna go?"

I just shrugged, and she mimicked me. Then she got up and looked at me, like she didn't know who I was, then looked at her phone and muttered before turning and going upstairs to her room. She then started calling for all three of the dogs to come upstairs.

Her middle dog wanted nothing to do with it, and she used her "defense mechanism" that I taught her, which is to come and sit on my feet and lean on my legs for support when she wants to get out of a situation.

And I almost freaking cried again, because I wanted to take her away with me, but I knew that would be awkward in the morning.

I couldn't lock the door up when I left, 'cause I don't have a key. No one else was home, either. So I hope she stays safe.

I should probably mention that she was drinking during the entire time I was over there, just for reference.

_____

But yeah. It was still super scary and I think I cried the entire drive home.

I'm really sorry I don't have a recc blog for you guys today. But it's 11P.M. where I am and I work at 7A.M. and I will probably just lurk and watch Markiplier after I shower, to try to make myself feel less weird.

_____

I hope you all are having a great day!
December 19th, 2014 at 05:06am