I've Never Blogged

Mibba literally hates me. I had a fab blog entry, wrote over 500 words for an exceptional first blog experience, and Mibba wouldn't post it. It was "too short" and blogs have to be over 100 words. Apparently 530 wasn't long enough.

Image

I copied and pasted the word "poop" 100 times and tried to post it as my entry. It went through and now I'm editing that post so that I don't get flagged for spam and have a blog entry called Poop with "poop" as the only word written in it.

Now I'm just saying random shit because I don't remember what the deep, meaningful things were that I said before because I'm an idiot and replaced them on my clipboard with, you guessed it, poop. I'm a genius.

WAIT. I'm a magician:

I've decided to write a script for my Honors Thesis, so I was thinking about stories. It came to me that maybe I could use an old one of mine, Shadows of Ivory, but I don't have the file on my computer, nor do I have the flash drive I think it might be on with me at home. So, I went to go find it on Quizilla only to find out that Quizilla has been killed. It's probably for the best, the site went to shit in '09. And I'm an idiot for using it as a storage space.

Thinking about Quizilla got me feeling all nostalgic, though. That's where I started. Mostly. My mom says I've always written, but I only remember a weird story about unicorns. We don't talk about that one. Quizilla got me started up, man. I was reading those stories like no tomorrow and just thought: I can do this. So I did. And nine years later here we are. I guess it made me think about shit, and look at some stuff, and Google "I Just Had to Lick the Cookie, Didn't I?" to make sure no one stole it. Not that anyone would steal it because it's terrible. But I did.

You know, I know it sucks. I leave it up here because I still get notifications from people saying how much they loved it back in the day and they're appreciative that it's online still so they can relive their angst-ridden pre-teenage-hood. I respect that. I love that story because it's my first finished project. It's embarrassing as hell and I'll probably delete it when/if I pursue writing for realz. Which I hope to. Who doesn't? But I can't hide it in a closet just yet.

Sometimes I hope people read it and then read something new that I've written and think: shit, brah. And if you transition from Cookie to Stars to Lion or Hunters, you should theoretically see major shifts in skill and voice. Even from the first chapter of Hunters to the most recent, I started that my freshman year of college and now I'm headed into the second semester of my senior year. Like, metamorphosis, guys. I always knew there was a reason I related so much to Hope for the Flowers.

Anyway, I feel like no one will read this, which is cool. And in five years when I google myself and this pops up and I read it, I won't remember writing it. It's 3am, I have to pee, and I've been unmedicated for awhile. I don't even know what's playing on my TV right now.

I swear, I really did miraculously remember that I had pasted this somewhere else.

Lesson of the day: I'm an idiot.
December 19th, 2014 at 09:10am