I Have Some Very Exciting News to Share With You All!

I've been gone a long while, and there are a large variety of reasons for that, the number one of which I'll share with you all now. I understand that my stories remain without updates, and I am truly sorry for that, but I've decided to venture into the big wide world of publishing and see how I go.

My parents have been pressuring me for a while to attempt to get my books published, and this year, I decided that for Christmas I would rewrite a book that I wrote a few years ago and try to get it published in time to give as a present to my family. I don't know if any of you remember my novella Skin and Bones, because it really was a while ago that it was up, but it got a complete re-write -- and by that, I mean the whole story was scrapped and a new one was written with a similar premise.

It was really difficult to write, as it's based on my own experiences and thoughts, and I very nearly gave up multiple times, only to be forced back in with renewed determination by my own pride and stubbornness. And I am proud to announce that as of two days ago, Skin and Bones appeared as an eBook in various bookstores worldwide!

This book was really hard for me to share, as it contains a lot of my demons and regrets, and though it is only 30,000 words long, it felt as though it was the hardest thing that I'd ever had to write. Considering how well the book does (and I'm assuming only my friends and family with be buying it, lmao), I might even attempt to get it released as a paperback novel early next year! I even made the cover myself, and for those that know me, I am HOPELESS at Photoshop, so I'm a lil bit proud of that as well. Mostly I'm proud that procrastination did not defeat me and I managed to follow through on my plans, because I am hopeless at that.

Anyway, I thought I'd leave the links to where you can buy it as well as the summary here in case anyone's interested. I would be absolutely honoured if any of you were to read my book, as it is very close to me heart, but I do understand that not a lot of people are probably aware of my writing anymore as Mibba has developed a lot since I disappeared. If you do buy my book, you get my internal gratitude, and I'll probably sob a little bit and shower you with a whole lot of love. If you don't, that's okay! I really am just thankful to Mibba in general for allowing me to develop and gain confidence in my writing.

I'll add the link to Barnes and Noble when it's up, but that's still processing for now.
AMAZON: click here!
LULU: click here!
iBOOK STORE: can't link this one as it's through iTunes, but if you search Skin and Bones by Ashleigh Hanegraaf it should come up!
BARNES AND NOBLE: coming soon.

SYNOPSIS:
Sky’s older sister died when she was eight. Ever since then, her whole family’s been a mess; her brother won’t stop crying, her dad has turned to drinking, her mother’s on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and Sky is battling demons of her own.

Anorexia.

To come to terms with her guilt, and the fact that she is slowly but surely killing herself, Sky calls him Ed — for Eating Disorder, for the voice in her head that’s ruining both her and her family’s lives.

But Ed’s not a friend. Ed is killing her, destroying her from the inside out, and with the looming monster reading thirty-four kilos, there’s only a matter of time -- and a hell of a fight to give -- before she's leaving them behind too.

--------

Up next for me? I'm going to rewrite How to be Human and finish it off, and HOPEFULLY send it off to publishing houses around Australia. I'm going to have to be a bit more stubborn with that one, but I'm hoping that it'll be done by mid next year. As for whether I'll post my stories on this site again: it is actually a probability. I still do love Mibba and I really do like getting feedback on what I write, so hopefully I might post some stuff early next year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I hope you're all having a lovely holiday season, especially in light of all of the tragedies that have been going on around the world recently. Thank you for giving me the confidence to make my family proud.
December 20th, 2014 at 05:21am