New Year's Resolutions/Goals

Since the year is nearly over, I thought I'd share my goals and resolutions for the upcoming year.

Writing
Next year, I plan to write more. Firstly, I want to do a 100 drabble challenge using this prompt list. I really like drabbles, and I like the idea of trying to write one every day. (And even if I don't finish/post one every day, I want to try and get all of the prompts done during the year.)

Secondly, I want to write seven one-shots/short stories based around the seven endless from the Sandman comics; Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Despair, and Delirium. (And maybe Delight too, as that's who Delirium used to be.)

Thirdly, I want to get more of my radio show/podcast thing written.

Reading
Next year, I want to try and read at least 70 books; since 2012 I've been aiming to read at least fifty a year, now I'm upping the amount. I also want to try and read more diversely, so more women authors, more authors of colour, more LGBTQ+ authors, more books with a diverse range of characters.

Other
I'm going to try and get better at keeping in contact with people. I've been neglecting facebook recently, so I'm going to start going on there more regularly actually talk to people on there; I want to stay in contact with my brother and sister, and my friends who live fur away. I'm also going to try and meet up with my island friends more often.

I also want to start going to counselling sessions. I've been meaning to book an appointment, but I've kind of been scared to. But I want to go, I want to get better at dealing with my depression.

I also plan on getting my sleeping pattern better organised. I go to bed at ridiculous times in the morning and don't get up until the afternoon, so I want to change that.

Lastly, I want to keep being active on mibba. I want to talk to more people, I want to comment on more things, and I want to write more blogs.
December 21st, 2014 at 12:01am