Bed-Stuy

Okay.

I was gonna keep this to my damn self and I probably should, but I got something to say.

Yesterday a guy approached a police car and shot two of the officers inside. Both were taken to the hospital but could not make it.

It was horrible and awful and all my prayers goes to them and their families. In no way did they deserve that if all they were doing was sitting in their call.

And with that being said, I just want everyone to know that what happened to them does not represent the Black Lives Matter movement.

The person who shot the two cops also shot his girlfriend earlier that day and he was just a bad guy. I'm unsure of whether he shot himself or people are seeking his arrest, but the two cops and the girlfriend deserve justice.

And I'm really afraid now because people are just going to ignore that and put full blame on the protest and the movement because it's right there.

Like, I have family in Bed-Stuy. I've passed the store that they got shot in front of many times. Everyone knows Bed-Stuy is in that weird half-gentrification, half-"ghetto" styling right now and cops are always in the area but for the most part relations between the two are civil.

Bed-Stuy also isn't that far from Downtown Brooklyn where a lot of protest have been the starting mark since the supreme court is down there as well as many entry ways to Manhattan.

And I'm really scared that things are just gonna be really intense in those areas from here on out.

All I'm trying to say is that this will probably in all ways hold back the Black Lives Matter movement cause people are going to easily put the blame on us, but a lot of us don't condone what he did and think it's horrible.

Also, if you are in NY or will find yourself in NY and protest/plan to protest is to be careful. For the most part things have been really good here but be alert here on out cause some people may just be looking for reasons to start shit up more than ever.

RIP to officer Ramos & Liu.

RIP to the girlfriend.
December 21st, 2014 at 04:43pm