Any Tips on Getting Back Into Regular Reading? (Questions)

So after three years in getting my diploma, I don't think I read a single book. Homework kinda takes over your life, and since I did graphic design, there's really no encouragement to read. I have a few former classmates who are crazy about reading, own thousands of books, and were able to read tons of books even during school. I've never been that big of a reader, but I still enjoy reading, and I want to find time to get it back into my daily routine. (I'm also not a fast reader because I'm just... not.)

It especially sucks because over the past few years, I've somehow still convinced myself that I still read the rate I used to and I have bought books that have been sitting there for a long time. I'm not even finished the fourth and fifth Song of Ice and Fire books (which I really want to read before GOT starts again, so they're kind of priority.)

Long story short, I have about ten books I seriously need to read because else I've really wasted my money.

I'm asking if anyone has gone through the same thing? It could just be a lull in reading habits and trying to get back into them. I'm thinking of just reading before bed, and putting away the iPad because screens are bad for your eyes before going to sleep anyway. (Although I have read a buttload of fanfiction, so I guess it's not like I haven't been reading at all.)

Although I have written almost every single day the past few years. Not much, but just enough to not lose that skill, I guess...

Okay, so the questions:

1. As I just said, have you ever gone lost the habit of reading/gone a long time without reading?
2. If so, have you been able to get back into it?
3. What are you doing for Christmas/holiday celebrations? (Happy Hanukkah!)
4. What has been your favourite book of 2014? (I don't have one, I haven't read an entire one, haha.)
December 21st, 2014 at 08:49pm