I'm Done

Christmas is supposed to be a happy time. A time where families come together, put aside differences, and enjoy being together. Unless, you're my mother.

I've detailed some of my mother's behaviour before, and got said deleted for 'bashing'. It's hard to know what I can say in this and not be accused of bashing.

It's Christmas Eve. For months, the dishwasher has been broke. My mother has complained about this,a lot. Which, is fair enough. The television is also dodgy, and again, my mother is annoyed with this. My mother doesn't work, and my dad is the sole breadwinner who supports my mother, younger brother, pays for the mortgage and all their bills. Now, my dad is not perfect. He's done many things that I find hard to get over. But, he's changed his ways and he's trying hard to make amends, especially my mother.

My dad, for Christmas, bought my mom a new dishwasher and TV. He was so excited, thinking my mother would be happy. So, Christmas Eve, my dad comes in with the new dishwasher and TV. My mother looks at it, with a sour annoyed look on her face, and says 'next time, I want to buy it'. She then walks out of the room.

I will never forgive her for the look on my dad's face. He was heartbroken, devastated and at a lost as to why my mother reacted this way. I still want to cry when I remember it. We went out for dinner, and she ignored him. No thank you for paying for her meal, or the present. She SULKED all day, tainting the atmosphere. My dad went home early.

Why? All because the old, broken washing machine is out the back, and now the old dishwasher will join it, and she's 'embarrassed' that some imaginary person will see it. She couldn't say this though, no. She instead acted like a child over an issue that could be easily sorted.

I haven't seen my dad since Christmas Eve. He worked all day yesterday, and didn't come home for dinner.

My mother ruined Christmas, over an old washing machine. It is one of the few times a year we can come together, and she ruined it. My dad is just hurt, and broken.

The worse part is that she doesn't even get why everyone is upset with her. We've explained to her that dad was doing it to make her happy. That her sulking, and rude behaviour, ruined Christmas. She can't accept it. My dad is in the wrong, for not getting rid of the old washing machine.

I'll admit, I had it out with her, And I don't apologise for it. I'm done with her. This is not the first time she has ruined family events. This is a consistent behaviour, all seemingly to punish my dad and the stuff he did in the past.

I'm done with her. I just can't deal with it. Every time we do something nice, she makes sure to find a fault, or to ruin it. She's not a nice person, and I don't want to be around her around. I can honestly say, I will never forgive her for what she's done this time.
December 26th, 2014 at 11:56pm