MCR and Common People | Origami

So, a few nights ago, this was the best thing ever:



A My Chemical Romance song cover I HAVEN'T HEARD!? That's crazy talk. You're crazy. I can't even remember how I came across this. It just... popped up. And it's the best thing ever.

Only.

It's destroyed the plans I was making in my head for a Gerard Way story. I should really write these things down when they're raw, before I edit them seemingly in my sleep. I have bits and pieces and scenes and ideas but I can't really remember what the point was going to be.

And now I still don't really have a point, but I have I think more of a point than before. An almost point.

I'm not going to bother giving an outline because you may as well just *insert generic unhappy Gerard here* but yeah... it'll be good. I need to get him out of my system a little bit.

I've been playing around with the story layout maker a bit and made a layout I'm a bit happier with. I think. But then sometimes the layout looks fine to me and people will point out that they can't read it? If you could take like 2 seconds out of your time to tell me if this is actually readable, that'd be grand:

The Alexander Swallowtail

I should probably edit that description a bit, but it's like 4AM and I've been looking at that layout for so long. Is there an easier way to get an image to have the exact background colour you want without weird edges around the person/object and having to like, smooth them out afterwards? Because that shit takes for ever.

Also, semi-related, I swear - but does anyone else here enjoy origami? My favourite are Alexander Swallowtail Butterflies because they take a decent chunk of time and they look it, but they aren't all too difficult. I also tend to do cranes when I'm bored from lolly wrappers and sticky notes and such, because they're a bit quicker and I can probably do them with my eyes closed.

If you do origami, what are your favourites?
December 28th, 2014 at 06:35pm