U Turn

This blog I am about to write (am writing for you realists out there) sorta reminds me about one a friend of mine wrote a while ago. He was talking about how it felt like a U turn when he came back on here and now I sorta get what he means.

I haven't written a proper piece of writing in months. To be honest, I don't miss it, which is weird. I feel like I should, because it used to be such a big part of my life, and it still is. I got back into it today and I was shocked to realised that it took me almost two hours to write 2 and a half pages.

I could do that in less than 1 hour before.

Maybe that means that my writing is better or maybe it just means that I have less ideas.

I've got to say that a part of me wants to miss writing poetry, because I used to write tons of it. Literally 10 pages a day. I couldn't do that now. I have no ideas of what to write about.

Though, I am glad that I forced myself to get back into it today though. I keep putting it off. Either to revise or to go out or just to do the dishes or something. No matter how busy I was, even when I wasn't, I found a reason to put it off.

Never a reason to actually do it.

Then again, I am feeling better and I feel what I've wrote today is better than what I could have wrote if I did force myself to write when I really didn't feel up to doing so. I guess I was going through what it known to you and me as a writer's block. Basically, it's when a writer can't find any ideas or any reason to write.

Seeing as writers are usually emotional people, I can understand why this has bugged me so much lately. If you are an emotional person, then it can be quite frustrating when the hobbies that release some of those conflicting emotions become a chore. Recently, I haven't read, sang, played guitar or wrote. I have barely even revised to be honest, but I guess that may be down to me not being well lately. I've been sleeping. I think it's partly the weather and partly because of this cold I've had.

Tonight I'm just going to not feel sorry for myself though and I'm just going to do all of the things I miss doing. Writing, reading, singing, playing. All of it. And some revision too.

Guess this U Turn isn't impossible after all.

Just really really hard to get into that mindset needed to overcome it.

Though, I will overcome it.

I will :D
December 28th, 2014 at 10:02pm