I Never Feel Like Writing Anymore

Like, at all. Recently it's just sort of seemed like a chore, especially since I constantly tell myself, "Alright, you have to finish this."

I'm not even sure why I don't feel like doing it. A few months ago, back in the Summer, I never felt like writing, but that was because I was going through a short bout of depression. Now I don't think I'm depressed, I just... don't want to do much of anything.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have so much to do. It all just keeps piling up. I'm too stubborn and greedy to give away my ideas, and I just keep getting more and more ideas, and they're never getting written. I try and tell myself to just attempt to pump something out so that I can cross it off the list and move on, but it never works out that way.

I have so many drafts saved to here and my iPod that it's just starting to get a little ridiculous. Every time I start working on something, I get bored or sidetracked and start to work on something else. The plan was to have Together Let's... finished sometime within this week, but I'm literally only halfway done with it and haven't updated it in over a week. Baby, Just Hold On hasn't been updated in almost a month.

And then, to top it all off, I have four (five? six?) other WIPs. A friend just asked me yesterday if I'd help her co-write one of her fics (A Daydream Away, if anyone wants to check that out before I start posting things with her), and I said that I would. I'm not sure why. I think a part of me is hoping that I'll be able to get out different ideas and that'll help me get my muse back.

Maybe that's the problem; maybe I just have so many ideas that I can't sit and focus on just one, and therefore lose interest quicker than usual?

I don't know. If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this whole block thing, please leave me some suggestions. I feel terrible for not posting and updating things, and I just can't find the motivation no matter what I do, and ugh.
December 29th, 2014 at 07:53am