New Years Res!

So I know everyone always makes these resolutions that they never follow. Last year I made a few myself and I actually stuck to most of them. I did something at least once a month that scared me and I was more open minded. This year I want to do a few things that apply to Mibba and in the real world and I decided to list them here. I always try and make resolutions that are actually attainable because let's be honest, who wants to make a goal they know they really won't put in the effort for?

Resolutions for life:
Be healthy of mind, body and spirit. This means I'm going to work on my anxiety by seeing someone for it, taking the proper precautions against it, and making sure that I take the correct steps to live with my anxiety properly. This also means that I want to work out to be healthy and to feel like I can run wildly. I've gotten past this 'work out to look perfect' ideal and now I want to work out to be healthy, do some yoga, that kind of stuff. Healthy of spirit means I want to work on being more in tune to things. I want to know what's going on in the world, I want to see other places and try new things. Really, just to be open to anything someone or something has to offer.

Leave the people who I have a problem with in 2014. If there is someone that I am not on good terms with, there is no reason I should bring them into 2015 with me. There are some people in this life who you will just not get along with or you will grow apart from and leaving them behind doesn't make you an asshole. It means you're washing out the negativity and you're cleansing yourself. There are a lot of people I've refused to leave in the old year and I think it's time to do that.

Be grateful. My mom always says I'm an extremely grateful child, but I want to be grateful for everything. I want to remember to say 'thank you' to my waiter, or to be polite when I don't understand what a teacher is saying. I want to make sure that the people helping me know that I'm thankful for them taking their time to teach me, to help me. I just want to make sure that I let people know that I appreciate their efforts.

Resolutions for Mibba:
To get stories done. I have this serious problem of taking to much time on stories and it's often because I have severe story ADHD. I want to commit to the stories I've got and I don't want to delete a single one this year. That's a really hard one to to, but I'm going to try my best to stick to it.

Make more friends. For a long time I've had the same friends on mibba. A lot of them have left during that whole mibba purge thing, but I really want to extend out to other people. I want to ask about their fandoms and I want to ask them how their days are. Two of my closest friends are actually from this site and I honestly have no idea where I would be without them.

Recommend less, comment more. I always recommend stuff that I think looks good but sometimes I just don't read it. I want to commit to reading more stories and commenting on how great I think they are and how amazing they are. People often don't get enough credit for taking the time to take these ideas and write them down. Think about how amazing it is that they're inspired to write something for us and just thank them or tell them why they're doing a good job.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm going to be a whole new person this year. Because I'm definitely not. Let's be honest, I'm still going to drink too much coffee, love wine a little more than I should, and be just as sassy and catty as I have been since the age of five. I might have tantrums and I may be quick to judge, but I think these goals are worth setting, right?

So those are my goals for 2015. Feel free to tell me yours because who knows, I may like some of yours and totally want to do them too!

-N
December 29th, 2014 at 06:47pm