The Year That Will Be: "Crash..." Is Back.

After the year that was, I am hoping that 2014 has finally thrown its last blow my way.

My sick kitten had to be put to sleep, Christmas didn't feel like Christmas with both of my grandparents gone, and I still find myself unable to work on any of my numerous original fictions. I wouldn't go as far as to say the combined impact of these things has me depressed, but I am definitely not feeling myself. And I desperately want to feel myself again.

So I made a decision earlier in December, and I am ready to reveal it to all of my readers now.

In the Australian winter of 2011, I started posting an Avenged Sevenfold fan fiction called Crash Into Me. At that time, I had no idea that it was going to become my most popular work to date - earning more than five-hundred comments, almost five-hundred subscribers, and over one hundred recommendations since its completion. Everybody who read it seemed to love it.

I came to hate it.

I am thrilled that so many people loved the story, but I have never been able to forgive myself for letting it go downhill the way it did. I have never been able to forgive myself from promising a sequel and then changing my mind. And even if only one person openly admitted to hating the ending, I know there must be others out there who did, too. I am doing this for them. But more importantly, I am doing this for myself.

I am re-writing Crash Into Me.

I am going to write a story that I can look back and be proud of - and if all goes to plan, I am going to write the sequel, too.

As an added challenge to myself, I am also going to attempt turning it into an original fiction. I will be posting this on Wattpad while I am posting the fan fiction here to Mibba.

You can follow me on Wattpad here if you're interested.

I can't promise super-fast updates, but I can promise to do my best. And any writing is better than no writing, right?

(Wish me luck?)
December 30th, 2014 at 06:48am