Blue Bristled Brushes, Tired of the Holidays, and Maybe Some Resolutions?

Hello Mibba, I was previously hannahsmitesmeese, but decided I needed a change, so here I am. :D

One thing that I have realized this year is that black hair dye is a b*tch (do we have to censor our swears in these anymore? Doing it just to be safe) to get out. In lieu of the new year coming up, I decided to dye my hair. For most of 2014 I had lots of blonde in my hair. I even dyed it dark and the blonde just ended up fading back. So this time I decided to go for the darkest of darks, black! And while I'm still getting used to it being so dark, it's taking even longer for the dye to completely wash out.

One of my hairbrushes have bristles that are stained blue, and every time I shower the shampoo foam turns blue as well. It's kind of funny actually and I'm not really worried my hair will end up turning an odd color or anything. Since I'm Hispanic, my hair is naturally dark anyway.

-

In other news, I'm so tired of being on break. Well not on break necessarily, but being at home, with slow wifi, and being forced to participate in keeping the house clean. I enjoy the time I have with my family, but I live in a very small town, and there's hardly anything to do.

When I'm at college, I live in a condo with only one roommate, just north of a big city, 10 minutes from like the best mall ever, surrounded by countless restaurants and other shopping centers. Plus, I have decent wifi.

Here, I pretty much have nothing to do except drink my mother's always too strong margaritas or other liquor combinations. And let me tell you, there's nothing glamorous about getting drunk at your parents house (though I have discovered my love for goldshlager, forgive my possible butchered spellings).

Fortunately, or rather unfortunately, I have to go back to work next week, but at least I'll constantly be surrounded by good wifi and people I'm not related to. :D

-

I always say that resolutions are dumb, but that's usually because I can never really stick to any goal I set, or I just forget about them completely within the following weeks. I could go on about how this year I'm going to try my hardest to stick to them, but to be honest, I probably won't.

But I do have some generic habits I would like to start and stop next year, though it doesn't necessarily have to start as soon as the calender changes to 2015.

1. Start going to the gym again.
I stopped going as soon I came home for summer break this year and it definitely shows. Since I probably won't be going home all summer this upcoming year, I think it'll be easier for me to stay on track.

2. Stop being so lazy in school.
I've really let myself be content with getting the bare minimum done, and I really need to change that. While my grades were far from terrible, I've always been used to getting A's in every class, and I've definitely slacked on that. For once though, I'm incredibly interested in all the classes I'm taking spring semester, so achieving this might not be as hard as I think.

That's it really. I think as long as I continue to grow and mold into the person I've always seen myself as being, it'll be a good year.

-

As far as Mibba things goes, I really haven't done as much writing as I planned. My friend did give me a pretty interesting prompt, though, so I'm a bit excited to see what I end up doing with that. :D

That's really all I have to talk about today.

Hope you all have a lovely day/evening/morning.
- Hannah

And rest in power, Leelah Alcorn. Your death will not be in vain.
December 31st, 2014 at 04:19am