Return

I have been away from Mibba for almost a year...too long. I credit this web site for giving me the confidence to get back into creative writing again after many years. I posted a story I was working on (I still am) on Mibba just to see how people would respond to it. The responses were always kind and consructive.

In 2014 I joined a writing group at my local library and haven't looked back. They are a warm supportive bunch of people. The group boasts fiction writers, non-fiction, fantasy, memoir writers, and a couple of poets. Our 'leader' is a smart 23 year old college student who is patient honest, and most of all believes in each and everyone of us. I have the good fortune of having private tutoring as well as the group encouragement. I have one story just about ready for submission to a literary journal, I just have to get over my nerves and push the 'send' button!

With my instructor's guidance and encouragement I have been slowly putting together a series of short stories and have begun work on a novel. Yes, I am still working on the piece that I started here on Mibba, but as I have learned more about writing, character development and plot I decided to take it off the site to give the story the work it needs to hopefully one day have it published.

Through it all though, Mibba has remained dear to me and I have kept up with some of the stories I was following...I missed it. Finaly, tonite I decided to reactivate my account after my e-mail beep notified me of a second part to one of the stories I was keeping up with.

Don't know what story I will write...something just to keep on Mibba. Maybe I will just blog for awhile, I don't know...what I do know is that it is nice to be back!
January 1st, 2015 at 05:53am