DBZ Blog Challenge #3/#4

It's just gone the 4th here, by like, seven minutes. So again, you get a two in one blog!

DAY #3 - Character you wish you saw more of.
Bardock

Image


This is simple for me. The series could have been improved with Bardock's appearances being focused on a little more than they were. Given that he is the father of Goku and Raditz, it's not like his just some shitty secondary character that we can only see a few times and then never see them again.

We only see Bardock a few times during Z, and he also has a movie dedicated to him (although non canon for the most part). I have such an adoration for him, not only for providing the universe with such an awesome son - He also stood up to Lord Frieza - Ultimately dying, (although in the movie he was sent back in time and killed one of Frieza's relatives by becoming the first super saiyan.

Imagine what Goku's reaction would have been if his true father showed up on Earth just like Vegeta had? Something to wish about.
Image


DAY #4 - Favourite Quote

"What clown? Are you feeling angry? Humiliated? Is that it? Fool! You don't know what humiliation is! Don't worry I will teach you how it taste, just how you have taught me. Me, a warrior elite. At my fingertips I held the power to destroy entire worlds. I am a Saiyan of royal blood. The last of our kind. And on my shoulders rest the glory of an extinct warrior race. Whole civilizations once trembled at the sound of my name. But you didn't, did you Kakarot? And at your hands, your COMMON hands, my honor and my pride, the foundations on which I ALWAYS stood, began to crumble at my feet. It was at your hands I suffered my first great humiliation, toppled by a piece of low-level trash! It is time to take back what is mine. I will NOT live my life as your second. That time is over, every breath you take is an assault to my honor. But no more, Kakarot. By MY hands, you will be cut down inch by inch, the way YOU have cut down my pride!"
- Majin Vegeta to Goku during their fight.


It's super long, but it's literally one of the best passages in the series. So emotive bro.
January 3rd, 2015 at 12:29pm