FOB Reading Fanfics

i was gonna post this on tumblr but I felt that since I wrote stuff here and there are more writers here, its much more appropriate to rant it here.

First, I just found out about it and according to what I've read they (FOB) is planning on doing a video of the members reading fanfics. Personally, I dont take offense in this because they have the right to do it. We, the writers, published this on the internet so everybody, even the guys, has every right to read it. No matter how smutty or fluffy or fictional they are.

Second, I dont think they (FOB) will make fun of it. Of course they'll read it with passion or something like that but that doesnt mean that they dont respect our art. Hasn't Patrick said, time and time again that he respects art in any form. Even in interviews. Although they quickly shy away topics related to fanfics, they still think that this is a form of at and they respect that we put out our creativity this way.

Finally, I dont think FOB will push through this because fanfics are too long. Even the one shots. So reading one for each of the members will take too long. And, I dont think they would even agree to reading fanfics about them.

All in all, we should not be worried if they or anyone will push this through. The only thing we can do is wait and see if this pushes through.
January 3rd, 2015 at 10:04pm