Long Stories Scare New Potential Readers.

I'm not sure if this is true, but it is something I am presuming. I notice that the longer my co-writes are becoming, the less new people comment on it and my readers count doesn't go up as much with each chapter. I'm not sure if it is really the lenght of the stories or that I have reached all the potential readers for my genre?

Do not get me wrong; I have lovely readers. I have a few loyal commenters and they really keep me (and my co-authors) going. I would not wish for any more. Yet still, there can be this dissapointment that I update (as I do frequently) and no one new reads it, no one new comments. It can get me down, but I remember myself of the great support I already have.

Nonetheless, if you want to brighten my mood, would you please read one of my co-writes?

Underestimate me. is about a band of rebel women, living in the woods and craving revenge on their wrongdoers.

When the going gets tough. is a more modern story about a girl returning to her hometown, after running away when things got hard. It is about redemption and her struggle to get it from the person she needs it.

What are your thoughts about this predicament? I mean, I don't get comments on blogs even. I wish mibba was more alive and I am truly trying to do my part....
January 4th, 2015 at 07:08pm