Well Howdy, Y'all!

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been missing for what, 2 months? Things have been a little hectic. Not only have I been preparing for my daughter to arrive and going to weekly doctors appointments, I also had to help my mom plan my step sister's full wedding, including making invitations, making flower arrangements, making food, making cake, etc, in less than 3 months. I came on here more by an accident, and realized I haven't posted any type of updates. I know there were a few people who were curious about everything, so I figured I would post a blog!

Well, I went to a doctor's appointment with MFM (high risk pregnancy doctor) right before Thanksgiving, on that day I had PHYSICAL proof I was having a girl. I had my gender ultrasound done at a different hospital, and the ultrasound tech couldn't really see anything, but she felt comfortable saying it was a girl since at 27+ weeks, a boy's "jewels" would be painfully obvious. I think my mom was slightly unsure if it was a girl, since her heart rate was constantly at 145 (boys usually have lower heart rates, girls are usually higher at around 160ish), and other little things. Sure enough, that ultrasound she was NOT shy about showing everyone she was a little girl! I knew she was a little girl since the day I found out I was pregnant with her, but hey, at least I have picture proof!

At my prenatal appointment a week later, the doctor informed me that if I didn't go into labor on my own, that I would be induced by 39 weeks, since high risk usually doesn't allow mothers to go further than that (thanks high risk for NOT telling me!). I was 37 weeks at that point, and I was on the calendar to be induced on December 17th. I honestly thought that I would go sooner, but sure enough, she proved me wrong, and I was in the hospital by 8am on December 17th.

Let's just say that was a tough time. Mainly because they attempted to administer an epidural at 8pm, and more than two hours later and 10+ failed needle sticks, they decided to not give it to me. I was told the next morning that I wasn't dilating because the pain and stress I was in was preventing me from progressing (but she wasn't affected by it). Luckily, the nurse I had the next morning was extremely awesome. She found an amazing doctor who administered the epidural within 15 minutes and only took one try, and she explained what I went through, and convinced the doctors to let my mom in with me during it (yes, I'm a big baby and need my mommy).

But after 28 hours after being admitted, 12 hours after my water broke (by itself), 2-3 hours after getting the epidural and starting a stronger dose of pitocin, and 2-3 minutes of pushing, I had my daughter at 12:27pm on December 18th! Vola Noël weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 21 inches long, born with a full head of hair, and beautiful as ever! (although I am biased lol)

Image

(after her first bath at the hospital; a few hours old)

Image
Image
Image
January 8th, 2015 at 09:33pm