I'm Falling Back Into That Deep Dark Mindset Again

As I slowly feel myself falling back into old habits as my depression rears its ugly head, I was wondering if there was anyone about to offer any advice on how to cope with it?

In the UK, we have a service known as Talk Changes, or something along those lines; personally, it didn't help me. It felt so impersonal getting counselling over the phone. But I am glad I was given the opportunity to try it. Although, on the other hand, I didn't go back to see the original doctor who referred me to this service as I felt as though I'd been a disturbance to her. My parents also think this of her.

I tried medication for a time, but as I felt myself get better, the tablets were becoming weaker and weaker. I didn't want to feel reliant on medication and it didn't help me anyway.

Then I tried one on one counselling. This helped immensely. I felt comfortable to talk to the woman who was so patient and it felt as though she truly cared for my well being. She really helped me to see things clearly, and understand why I feel the way I did.

Perhaps it may be prudent of me to pay a visit to my doctor, who referred me to one to one counselling as I feel as though she will be able to help me find the right path.

But as I said at the beginning of this, perhaps you could help me too.

Have a great day,

Katie
January 10th, 2015 at 12:08am