A Piece of My Writing

Whenever I stay at hotels or vacation homes, or even time shares, I always leave a piece of my writing. I will write an elaborate poem, or a detailed short story and then stick it in a lamp shade or on the shelf in the closet. I have left flash fiction in clothing drawers and a creative play-on-words in pillow cases.

But I always sign my name at the bottom.
Stacia Allyn.

I hope these pieces bring a smile to a cleaning worker, or possibly even the next lodger depending on the hiding place. I want my pieces to inspire others to write, dream, or to make that leap. One time I wrote, "Go ahead, and ask her; I betcha she says 'yes'!" Maybe these little pieces will be the sign a person needs to make a big decision. Maybe my short stories or flash fiction will leave the reader thinking or pondering.

Perhaps when the reader is done they will put it back for someone else to find. Perhaps they will take it and carry it with them. Perhaps they will simply throw it away.
Or perhaps it will get thrown away before anyone takes the time to read it.

I will never know. But I like leaving little pieces of me everywhere I go. With my name on it. Like I'm signing off to the world who I am.

Imagine years from now, I meet someone and after I introduce myself to them, they stare at me in awe before pulling a piece of paper out of his wallet or her purse and showing me that my writing had been carried with them through all the years, providing hope when they most needed it. Just imagine that.

Stacia Allyn. That's me.
Remember that name. Someday I want to be, no, I WILL be famous.
January 10th, 2015 at 02:53am