Probably the Millionth Doodle Dump Blog I've Done

I drove back to my dorm today after a month-long break for the holidays before the Spring 2015 semester starts up. Let me tell you, that break was not long enough.

I forgot a kajillion things back at my house, I'm already homesick, and there's a million and one things I have to do before this upcoming week is even over. Naturally, I'm not a happy camper. -_____-

Gotta get my head in the game this year. That means I actually want to start doing crap with my art, or at least make a name for myself - I'll start small. I want to make a website soon with a portfolio sample or something, but I'm still trying to get my sh*t together and determine what kind of crap should go into it. I have no idea what I'm doing! :D

So, since I haven't blogged here in a while and also because I haven't doodle-dumped in a month, have a doodle dump. XD

Image
I don't know what prompted me to draw this little hipster fella. He probably lives in the year 2010 or 2011 and hikes every weekend, but not before a morning Starbucks fix. Kind of an oldie, but I still like it.

Image
This is a kinda development-sketch thingy of two of the main characters of Spin, a story I left for dead in 2011 and, uh, haven't really fixed it up yet on Mibba. Every so often I think about it and then the motivation dies. Someday it'll come back to me, I bet.

Now for some Renny Boy sh*t, because God knows I don't know how to let go of a story when it's done! :D
Image
Probably the best drawing of David I've ever done. There's not a lot to say about it. David didn't say much, anyway.

Image
Joey's a weird kid, but he's a good kid. He only appeared for a moment in Renny Boy and then resurfaced in Brendan Dude, but I like to think of his fourteen-year-old self as a tiny tornado. Next to him is Lindsay from Brendan Dude and Lukey Kid. (If you remember her, you are a wonderful person, because sometimes even I forget about her.)

Image
Then, Joey grew up to be a big tornado just to annoy Luke and make him uncomfortable pretty much all the time. Guys bein' dudes.

Image
Aaaaand here's David again, breathing out lyrics to a song I might write...eventually.

And what the f*ck is a southpaw sketch dump without some Generation Why Bother shit? (Probably nonexistent.)
Image[/URL]
Tegan and Oshie, circa 2004 at age 10. Oshie held onto his baby fat for a little while there (and still continues to hold onto it), while Tegan gained some during puberty. But who cares? :p

Image
AU where Andy is Tegan and Oshie's older neighbor growing up and they all grew up and did best-friend stuff together and nobody had panic attacks or existential crises. The end. Just kidding! This is just a doodle that would probably fit into GWB itself and the time period in which it takes place. Andy likes having friends.

And I tried drawing Anthony with his natural wavy hair, but it ended up looking like a shampoo commercial down there. XD

Image
Also, Andy has no concept of personal space.

Image
Tegan's probably saying something like, "You can do it!" or something equally motivational, but you can pretend she's saying anything. For all I know, she could be saying, "Eat sh*t and die!"

Image
Couple of things going on in this one. For starters, Shira's trying to look tough up there, and she's probably succeeding. God knows she could kick any of the guardians' asses, that's for sure. We've got a random disgusted Andy to the side, and a Chance in the corner who looks like he opened the fridge and found roadkill inside (he doesn't usually look so solemn, that's for sure). Then, we have the very first real drawing of Murray, Oshie's roommate in Earth to Me, back when I didn't plan for him to become a huge character. But he did, and the rest is history!

Image
Anthony doesn't have much of a concept of personal space, either, but at least Andy doesn't mind. Tr00 friendship.

Image
Facial expression practice. Er...that's it.

Image
(The text says, "I don't know what Oshie said here, but he's clearly not proud of it.") Poor Oshie, but it's a good thing Murray's there for him a good chunk of the time. :P Don't worry, Osh, you'll get your comeuppance. Or something. (And Murray grows his hair out as the story progresses. It basically becomes a lion's mane by the end.)

Image
Quick sketch of Riley that I quickly colored in Photoshop. Quickly.

Image
Anthony doesn't usually look very excited, I've noticed. For some reason I tend to draw him lookin' like he'd rather be anywhere but there.

Last but not least, there's something I've been working on for the past few months that's kinda coming together now! I've been making a kid's picture book called Jellybean's Bakery, and right now I'm coloring the illustrations! I have no idea what I'm doing or if it'll ever get published, but if it does, I'll let y'all know. B)
Image
It's about a fat cat who runs a bakery. What more do you need in life?! :D

Anyways, I hope you all have a great night! :D

Image
January 11th, 2015 at 01:59am