Getting Inspired

You can get inspiration from the oddest of things, things that aren't even related.

Last night when I got off work, I walked outside and was met with what looked like a blizzard here in Kentucky just because we don't typically get lots of snow. The parking lot was completely covered, the tree's were coated with white fluffiness and the flurries were still coming down, blowing every which way.

If you live somewhere where it snows often, it might not seem so special to you, but when sometimes we go a complete winter without any snow, it looks pretty well beautiful.

So after work, me and a few friends went on a dip like we do every weekend. We like to ride back country roads and just listen to music and enjoy life. It may not seem like much, but it's oddly relaxing and will leave you feeling pretty good.

Once we arrived at my friends farm (and by farm I mean a hunting farm, big wooded area with gigantic hills) I decided that the snow was too pretty not to get out and play in it a little and enjoy it. So we went on a hike up the hill. A very, very big hill might I add.

We will fast forward because I'm sure I am boring you to death. We started, following what is normally a stream or drain like path that slowly runs down to the creek. The path dipped in and the trees bowed over top of us as we climbed our way up.

There were tricky steps and some places you had to use a tree to pull yourself up and hold your balance. But we finally made it to the top after probably a good forty minutes to an hour. By this time, we were so numb we weren't even cold anymore.

There being a small opened area where some of the trees were cut down, we made snow balls and had a temporary war with each other. And then after the fun, we all found a spot to lay and made snow angels.

Lying there in the snow, in the middle of the woods with no sound for miles, just looking up at the snow covered tree tops and sky at probably 2:30-3:00 a.m. was comparatively one of the most magical things I've experienced.

Everything about the hike was magical, all the scenery, nature and the calmness just makes you feel good inside and inspired.

So once I got home and go thawed out, the story ideas have just been booming and flowing. Now I gotta get them on some paper before I lose it!

I know I can't make any of you understand how truly awesome an idiotic hike up snowy hills in middle of the night was but I know you all get your inspiration from somewhere too so please, Share in the comment box what inspires you and makes you feel good and peaceful inside.
January 24th, 2015 at 08:11pm