Update on My Mother 1/24/15

So, it has been a while since I have last came on here to do pretty much anything. A lot has been going on right now. I really wish that I could find the motivation and inspiration to write, but it seems like when I start, I just get frustrated and bored.

First thing that has been going on is my mother. In my past blogs, I had mentioned that she was in and out of the hospital for fatty liver and pancreatits. That is no longer the case any more. The doctors honestly have no clue what is going on with her. It has been test after test after test. She just recently got transferred to a Surgeon and had a Liver Biopsy, and the surgeon is pretty sure she has a "dysfunction" called Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction.

Between your Liver and your Pancreas is a little duct, or muscle, and it opens up to let the bile and pancreatic juice flow. My mothers duct is not opening up and letting all of that bile out and so it is backing up in her abdomen. It is caused by the removal of the Gallbladder and Gastric Bypass Surgery. She has had both.

There is not treatment for it except for a stint to be put in, but that is not a cure. It just temporarily helps. They cannot get the necessary tools in her to fix the problem because of the Gastric Bypass Surgery.

A few months ago, she was able to eat some things and keep them down, but now even the soup she made for herself that didn't make her sick, is coming back up. She hasn't been able to eat a decent meal in three weeks. It will either be a granola bar or one scrambled egg with one slice of ham mixed in, and that is all she eats for that day.

This all started August 11th 2014. She was 242 pounds and as of the day before yesterday, she is now weighing 197. She has lost 45 pounds in five months. She looks like a skeleton or a person abusing drugs. She is only in her 40's and she has always looked in her 20s. Today, she looked as if she has aged 20 more years.

She was wearing a jacket that would have normally fit her fine, and now it is swallowing her up. She was showing me her collarbones and she wanted me to touch her upper chest. I pulled her shirt down a little and you could see the bulging part of her sternum sticking right out. You could feel her ribs from the front and the back. She can now feel her hip bones when she couldn't originally.

There are more symptoms to this as well. She is beginning to lose her memory and her hair. She made a hair appt. Thursday for the next day, and when she didn't show, our hair stylist, Shannon, called and asked where she was. My mother had totally forgotten about her hair appt. She is also forgetting that she has told me stories she just told me a week ago.

She was hurting so bad yesterday, that she went to the hospital for the pain. The sad thing is, the doctor told her to go home. He told her there was nothing he could do, so she asked him if she is just supposed to sit at home and suffer with this pain, and he told her that she could double up on her medicine. The thing about that is it is a 12 hour release medicine. She can't double up on it. So she just got rejected from a hospital and had to stay at home in pain and agony.

You would not believe the amount of anger that coursed through my veins that night. I still get shaky thinking about it.

Looking at my mother today, broke my heart. I was standing there trying my best not to cry in front of her and as soon as I got back in the car to leave, the tears wanted to bust right out of me. To see your own mother, your best friend, in that much pain and agony, and then to see her lose so much weight and be nothing but skin and bones...it just really breaks my heart.

My mother is dying. She is losing weight too fast and it is eating away at her muscle tissue. If they don't hurry and figure out what is going on with her and try to get nutrients in her body soon, she is going to die. Losing that much weight not only eats away at your muscle tissue, but it can cause Kidney Failure, Liver Failure, Heart Attack, and Stroke. Also, it eats away at the bones marrow as well. She could break easily or get Osteoporosis.

I am not trying to make this a pity me blog at all. This is really just for my own records to keep up with what is going on, but I really wouldn't mind the prayers and thoughts. I am not trying to force religion down someones throat, I am just looking for a miracle before I lose her.

Thank you for reading this far. I know it was long. There really isn't much else for me to say, so I guess I will end it here.
January 25th, 2015 at 12:53am