The Certainty That Is Death - A Blog for Those That Have Lost a Loved One

The one thing we are all guaranteed in this life it death. Not everyone will find love, not everyone will get married or have children. Some maybe never have sex. The one with we all will do however is die. Depressing I know. The reason for this blog? Its just over a year now since my mum died, it was just before my 19th birthday but it honestly feels like yesterday it all happened. People say to me now silly stuff like 'aww you have been so strong' or 'I dont know how I would cope if it had been my mum'. The answer is I'm not strong. I have to get on with life. What use is it to wallow in self pity. At the end of the day life carries one with or without you. The best thing to do is to deal with it as best as you can. After all it is going to happen to all of us at some point, our loved ones will die. I just look at it as though I have had to go through it earlier than some. Dont get me wrong, I loved my mum to pieces and miss her daily, she was my rock and my best friend, but she wouldnt want me to wallow, infect she would call me a daft cow and to get out and have fun.

For anyone who is recently going through a loss, I want to tell you all something. People say it gets better, its easier after time or even you will get over it. That is a lie. You will never get over it, its not easier after time, but you do learn to cope with it. You manage to find a way to cope, even though it still hurts. Hell I still find myself going to text my mum and its been a year. But in no way do I want you to think its always going to be shit, but I also dont want people bullshitting you into thinking its all roses and daisies either, it takes time to come to terms with is all. But it will take a life time to 'get over it'.

Also anyone who wants to talk are more than welcome to mail me, I wont mind at all.
January 26th, 2015 at 02:33am