Skeleton Twins

I became decently productive today.

Studied for a midterm and final a bit. I honestly should skim over the midterm a bit more, but hey...I know more shit now than before

Did laundry. Cleaned my basement. Learned how to enter people's W-2's in a form and then scan them (ahh the life of a child of an accountant).

Took a nap. Read some otome. Put away some groceries.

Then I watched the movie 'Skeleton Twins'

One of my new year's resolutions of 2014 was to watch 1 movie a month. I did pretty good on that and I decided to let it roll over into 2015 only adding a book a month as well and they both have to be a personal choice. (As in not from school or I just happened to piggy back watch a movie with family/friends...basically I chose the movie entirely myself.)

Anyway, the first movie I chose was the Skeleton Twins. I remember when it came out and there was a bit of promo for it. I wanted to watch it but I never really got around to it until now.

It's a decent movie length wise. Only like an hour and a half. It's basically a comedy-drama that starts SNL alums Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader who play fraternal twins.

It's a fucked up movie. I don't wanna spoil it, but yeah. I think it's the darkest roles I've ever seen Wiig or Hader play, but they played them very well. There were a few funny parts, but I think it falls more on the drama side than anything.

And Luke Wilson, man.

Luke Wilson.

Maybe I'm a bit bias because he's in one of my favorite movies (Legally Blonde), but I really enjoy him. He had a minor role in the movie playing Kristen's husband, but he was adorable.

I give the movie like an 8 out of 10. It's good. The ending is a bit off for me, but then again I do kind of like my endings to be super solid when it comes to movies. Yet, at the same time, I was okay with it.

If anyone does want to watch the movie, all I would say is pay attention to the fish/fish tank.

I don't know what I'm gonna watch next month. I think sometime this year I wanna see 'Boyhood', but it's such a long movie.

Wolf of Wall Street is even longer.

It'll probably be something light. I wanna balance things out, you know? Like one month be heavy, one month be light, one month be artsy, one month be silly and so on and so forth.

So, yeah, that's pretty much it.

If anyone has and movie recs I would love to know!

Movies I wanna see thus far:

- American Hustle
- Drive
- Silver Linings Playbook
- Selma
- Dear White People
- Girlhood
- Something with Xavier Dolan (preferably as the actor and director)
- Something directed by Cary Fukunaga (probably gonna be Sin Nombre)
- A movie filled with actors I don't know (BP if it's all to most PoC)

Hope you guys are all having an amazing Sunday!

Bye! <3
January 26th, 2015 at 02:51am