Anonymity. [Do You Like Supernatural? + A Question?]

Good evening/afternoon/morning, dudes, dudettes and non-binary friends. It's 6:38 PM in Los Angeles, California right now. It's gonna rain tomorrow probably. Long post up ahead.

the struggle.

I used to have twitter where I thought I was completely anonymous, given that I go by the name I would have if I didn't live in such a problematic household. If my mother found out about me I'd probably get disowned on the spot. I don't blame her though, she grew up in a country that's insanely conservative, especially in the 60's when she was growing up. It's not her fault.

Now imagine her kid, who she's tried to raise as a girl since I can remember, all of a sudden going, "Well mom..." Which is funny now that I think about it. When I was 12-14 ish everyone legitimately thought I was trying to be a man. Granted, I didn't know what was going on at the time because I just knew I liked those things that weren't feminine and I had no idea non-binary/trans was a thing. I'm a lot older now and I've mostly come to terms with it all, at least within myself.

I don't exactly dress the way I'd like to and I don't think I ever will for as long as I have to be near my family but I still have hopes that I'll be able to real soon, y'know? I've also seen lots of trans boys who have undergone the T treatment and I just sort of have to sit back and go soon.

Like sometimes I feel like neither gender and sometimes I feel like a boy. That's where it ends. I've never really been feminine and I probably will never be. I've been content being a boy in makeup, though. It's nice and I laugh all the time because I see myself and go "2006 Pete Wentz." Emo 4 lyf, aye?

Anyway, staying on the subject of anonymity (sp?), that was twitter. Because I'd make stupid tweets about this girl I was totally into, about my love for Against Me! (Great band who has a record called Transgender Dysphoria Blues and the singer is a trans lady which is even more great I love her a lot), and generally go "I'm so f-cking gay" all the time because have you seen boys. (Note that I say this as a joke, because ya boy is asexual as hell but romantically I pretty much swing every way.)

And since the little thing where my niece got recognized by a celebrity for her art my twitter wasn't exactly found out, but it's also not 100% safe. So, here I am, coming back to a place I'd always thought I'd leave for good, mainly b/c it's generally dead.

I had fun times here, though.

Which reminds me, the random question, there is a little medal on my profile and I don't know why it's there?

Do you like Supernatural?

Are you sick of the SPN writers killing off your favourite women?

Are you sick of the recurring storylines that are generally "sam/dean doesn't tell dean/sam something and whoa the manpain" ??

Are you sick of your faves not being revealed to be bisexual? (this is called queerbaiting)

WELL THEN. Do I have a show for you, friend.

It's this magical amazing show called Constantine.

And it's about this man

Image

(ya we know he's cute, he's also ridiculously close to looking like the comic John) His name is John Constantine and he fights Satan and God and lives to laugh at them both.

He's in the supernatural business and I know what you're thinking "Oh no, not an SPN spinoff." And let me tell you, he's not anywhere near Supernatural.

John dresses in a tie and a trench coat and I ask you, who do you think inspired Kripke to dress Castiel in such a way? He's admitted it, too.

John is a magician and a con man and through this he's been able to get himself both in and out of some really bad situations. He tricks hell into saving him from lung cancer and would later threaten heaven with him ruling hell to get God to save him. John's a bad person and he knows it.

That's comic John, mostly. They'v kept his characterization in the show sooo well.

NBC Constantine, however, is slightly different, yes, but great all the same.

The story surrounds John and his best friend Chas as well as a woman named Zed, who is sort of his love interest (given her role in the comics) but more her own person than anything. Here's why they're great.

John is lovable (more so than he is in the comics) and he's also bisexual (in both the show and the comics)

Chas is more or less indestructible (in the comics he's not) for reasons that would involve spoilers, and that's his own little plot. He's not British like he is in the comics, but it's fine, really.

Zed, now Zed is my favourite of all time. First of all she's Latina. Which kicks every single stereotype about us right out the door in one swift kick. Second of all, she kicks major butt both literally and figuratively. She doesn't take John's crap and she can handle herself and never really needs John for anything?? Her representation of the latin@ community means a whole lot to me and I would cry if I lost her as a character.

The first season is almost over and we're in danger of not getting a season 2, which is incredibly upsetting. A show in the supernatural genre that has both LGBQTIA+ and amazing POC representation? Pretty much unheard of.

So give it a watch!! It's available on Hulu as well as Amazon instant video!! You can also catch maybe the last 4 episodes on the official NBC site/app. The show is on NBC friday nights at 8!!

If you can, please help this show get its season 2. It deserves it so much.

And if you do decide to watch, there is a thread on this site you can go to. (:

Cheers, guys.
January 26th, 2015 at 03:39am