Hello Again!

It's been awhile. No excuses there. After the holidays, my mood kinda dropped and still hasn't come back up. It was a very bittersweet holiday season for us. Hanukkah sucked, tbh. Screw the presents and all of that. Someone — I was close to at one point in time — committed suicide only three weeks before. It was really stressful. I wrecked my sleep cycle, got it back up to par, and now it's messed up again. Lots of anxiety about lots of stuff. It's annoying.

I've made the decision literally a few days ago to transfer schools. I was attending my local community college for two semesters — yeah, pathetic, right? Their program is extremely dumb and unorganized. Nobody knew anything and you'd have to talk to a million and one people before you get to someone who knows their ass from their leg. You have to waste money and take a billion pre-requisites that have literally nothing to do with my major, which is nursing. Honestly, the pre-reqs were something that maybe a law degree or business degree might use one day. I was just so unhappy having to take all of these stupid pre-reqs and going nowhere. Besides that, none of the classes that I needed were ever available. I attempted to get a hold of a counselor in November, left a polite message with my name and number and now it's, what, nearly Feb and he still hasn't called me back. Whatever. Totally over it.

I won't lie, I stumbled upon this school, an actual freakin' nursing school, on Facebook. I was messing around and saw their ad. I checked their website and found out that's actually RIGHT NEAR MY HOUSE. I ACTUALLY PASS IT NEARLY EVERY DAY WITH MY MUM! All of the other medical/nursing schools in Vegas and surrounding areas are across town and while I have no problem getting there, gas ain't cheap. Anyways, I called and got in touch with the super nice team there. (Turns out there's no pre-reqs or anything like that — just nursing courses and of course, the occasional bio course.) Their were happy to talk to my mum, who, in turn, talked to my dad and he's on board.

I nearly cried. My mum was in front of my talking to him and I heard the (idk) encouragement in her voice and I nearly burst into tears.

The price was what frightened me. It's a lot of money and I was convinced that my dad would say no right off the bat. But he didn't! He said we should probably attempt to get a small loan and apply for the FAFSA, because honestly, anything helps. He said he wouldn't have an issue paying for it and he's happy that the school offers a flexible payment plan. I have a few more things to finish before I actually go and apply and pay for everything.

So anyways, yeah, that's my life right now. Kinda stressful. I start in the beginning of May and it's so surreal. I'm so happy. But unfortunately, writing had to be put on the back burner. I plan on starting up again this week or something, when I can.


BUT YEAH ARI'S GONNA BE A NURSE! ヽ( ★ω★)ノ

Anyways, hope you all have been well. Love youuu. ♡
January 27th, 2015 at 02:50am