Music Genres.

Personally, I wouldn't say that I really have a favorite genre. Because I skip around so often. I go through days when all I listen to is dubstep, electronic, and rap. Then I go through days when I listen to Bring Me the Horizon and Pierce the Veil. Then I listen to Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood for several days. And then it is Nirvana, Lana Del Rey, and Sky Ferreira.* I don't know what is wrong with me. I simply cannot pick a genre. I just can't do it. There is still stuff that I will not listen to (classical, for example), but I feel weird just saying one genre when asked what kind of music I listen to.

I don't think I will ever understand why people listen to one genre their entire life. It's like only trying one ice cream flavor out of all the flavors in the world. You are bound to like something else. Right? Or am I just being ridiculous?

And I'm not saying that we shove ice cream music down peoples' throats or that people be forced to listen to one genre. I'm just curious as to why people stick to one genre and one genre only, or how they do it.

Some days, I wake up, turn on some Pierce the Veil, and think this isn't really my cup of tea, I think I'll listen to some Michael Buble today. And then other days I will think shit this is too chill I need some rock and roll, man.

What are your opinions on this? Do you like more than one genre?

* I am in this phase right now.
January 27th, 2015 at 06:00am