Snow Day

New York City is pretty much shut down due to this blizzard business. I honestly don't remember the last time we had one people hyped up to this degree. MTA is shut down basically and the schools are closed.

Which didn't mean anything to me cause I'm home for the rest of the week anyway. (Regents/midterm week at my school...only had to go in yesterday.)

I see people are on the "mibba is dead!" thing again and I just think that we all have to be critical.

Like when I first signed up and the 1-2 years after I think that was the peak of mibba. Everyone was around/close to my age give or take a year or so. All insanely active and we all popped out stories like it was big bottles in the club.

But, now, it's stopped. And I honestly thing it's because the people who made that massive burst of activity grew up. Like a lot of people who use to be here are either in their last year of high school or first two years of college.

And that shit ain't easy.

Like I barely have time to come on here myself. I say it all the time when I make a blog...I'm distracting myself from the work I have to do.

I can't talk for anyone but myself, but being a senior is constantly being on the ball.

It's constantly a test to a project to a paper to an online assignment that are all due a day apart from each other.

THEN I have to worry about college. Every single day I ask myself or someone asks me "Did SUNY get the fee waiver?" Yeah. "Well, did they get your transcript?" "Who got your transcript?" "Who is this letter from?" "What does this email mean?" "What's the pin for your FAFSA?"

It's a lot.

Like I'm happy I have the rest of the week off cause today I'm gonna try and read up the subscriptions and rec's I've piled up and try to comment on them.

Another thing, school has really shot my attention span. In the summer I have a really easier time sitting down and writing things that relate to my or someone else's writing than I do now. It's really hard for me to focus on reading chapters or writing them during the school year for some reason. I don't know why, but it is.

Like I can't even sit down and enjoy an actual novel. It's so fucking bad.

Wow. This just turned into a full blown rant. It ain't even 10 AM yet.

But, yeah. I guess that's what I wanted to say.

Also, the saying "You gotta be active to stay active" also applied to this..I guess.

Love you guys!

Bye. <3
January 27th, 2015 at 03:39pm