Let's Talk About Boobs.

No, seriously. I want to discuss breasts on the internet. I know, but hang with me for a second.

Have you ever had that one thing about you you both loathe and adore? That one thing that you literally love to hate or hate to love? Yeah, me too. And mine would be my breasts. In all seriousness, I find them rather nice. They're large, fairly perky, and for a lack of better words I'd say 'cute'. But they are also a major pain in my ass. They're heavy, hard to dress, and often get me ridiculed.

Yup, catcalls for days. And it's not like I run around topless, and then ask why men stare at me (although if I did, I think it is within my rights, but that is a much larger topic of discussion that I will get to). I wear hoodies, sweatshirts, the occasional band tee. But those few nights I do decide to go out, inevitably the ladies are going to be on display. I've got DD's for Christ sake, they're not going anywhere. No, on those few nights I do decide to go out, I am suddenly a piece of meat. I get guys wrapping their arms around my shoulders, leaning in tight, and staring straight down my cleavage. Without even a little bit of modesty or humility, they will literally gawk up my ta-tas and then get offended when I tell them to back off.

What is it about boobs that make certain breeds of men lose all sense of manners? (because no, I do not believe all men are evil pigs, and no I am not a man hater) But there are certain kinds of men and women, don't get me wrong, who turn into absolute monsters at the sight of a girl's cannons. It's like, "bam! Those are breasts, therefore I must forget everything my Momma taught me and drop one liners down her bra along with my drool."

And pardon me for my language, but that's fucking ridiculous. How is it your right to take the one thing I like about my own sexuality, and turn it into an over-sexualized object of shame? And we're not talking about soft sensuality, or the actual physical act of sex that literally involves breasts based on the principal that they are in fact part of a sexual reproductive organ. No, we're talking about the assholes in the bar who thinks its totally socially acceptable to grab my tits in the middle of the dance floor. My momma taught me to slap jerks like you, and you can be damn sure that's what I do.

But all negativity aside, who on here actually genuinely like their boobs? Because I sure do. I am proud of my 34DD's, and I am proud of the way it makes me feel womanly. I am proud of the way, that in my own private home, my boyfriend and I can enjoy them. Because THEY ARE MINE. Graphic, I know. But they bring me great pleasure, and great joy. I like their perfections, and I like their imperfections. I like their plumpness in a lacy bra, and I like the stupid stretch marks I have from getting them at age 11. I like everything about them.

And you should like yours, too! I'd be lying if I said I've never thought about how easy my life would be without them. At my heaviest weight, my breasts were a 36DDD. They were ginormous! And holy, were they heavy. Every shirt I put on instantly became slutty, and I could not for the life of me do gym class without two bras. At that time in my life, I was sixteen, and budding into what I had hoped would be a prosperous young lady. But I hated my breast, genuinely despised them. I found them to be a bigger burden than they were a gift, and I wanted a reduction. I know, I said the evil words. I WANTED A BREAST REDUCTION. I shudder now to think about how I hated something about myself so much that I wanted to surgically alter who I was.

Society was teaching me that in order to have big breasts, that was in fact desirable, I was also to be ashamed of them. I had to feel bad about myself when I wore a tank top in the summer, because no matter how hot it was, I was teasing the men around me with my large breasts. Can we all acknowledge how ridiculous that is? To make matters worse, my school had policies on breasts. Yup, bonifyed written policies on what you were and were not allowed to do with your own breasts, a part of your body. You were not allowed to wear spaghetti strapped shirts, you were not allowed to wear revealing clothing that was at or below your armpit line, and heaven FORBID if your bra straps were showing! Like excuse me, we all know that girls wear bras! How else do you expect them to stay put away? Do you want us to conceal them with fucking magic?

And the best part? The very cherry on the top of an unfair cake? These rules weren't put into place for the girls, these rules were put in place for the safety of the boys. You heard me, for the sake of the male population in my school, I would get in shit for wearing a tank top in plus thirty weather. So do you see what I'm getting at here? The very boys you are trying to protect from our very evil and masterful boobs, are the boys who then turn around and think that a female's body is to be feared and teaches us young girls to be ashamed of ourselves for having such a dangerous weapon! So don't punish the boy who stares down my shirt all math class while I'm legitimately trying to get an education in a stifling hot classroom, no, you go right ahead and blame me for wearing a tank top... because I should have known better.

We should be teaching people to be respectful human beings. It's not about modesty or who is right or wrong, it's about the fact that body shaming in general is wrong. And that you should love yourself, no matter what is on your chest. Be proud if you've got big boobs and want to wear a tank top! You go right ahead and you wear it!! And if you are part of the "itty-bitty-titty-committee" as my sister proudly proclaims she is, then you be proud too! Love your boobies, girl! At any size that they are. And you see them for all the beauty and pleasure they can bring you.

Nobody has the right to make you hate something about your body, and nobody has the right to make you feel ashamed of what you were given by nature. No man, no woman, and not society. How does it make you feel? Are you big breasted, or small? And do you get ridiculed for having the boobs that you have?

Be booby proud, loves. xo Ren.
January 29th, 2015 at 06:41pm