Inexpensive, Good Quality Camera? | One-a-Day Writing Challenge | Beauty Blender, Ho' Boy!

Image


I want to take more photos this year. Simple as that. I'm not getting any younger and I'm doing stuff and I would like to have physical memories of stuff and start real-life photo albums and just get better about chronicling memories.

But, I don't have a good camera - the one on my phone is awful and the digital camera I've had for about six or seven years is even worse. The quality on both is terrible. I know most people - who aren't specifically into photography, just use their phones (since most new phones have pretty good cameras and most people use iPhone, which also has a really good camera), but is there anyone out there who has a really inexpensive, basic digital camera that takes good quality pictures?

I'm not looking to spend a ton of money - I'm probably not willing to spend more than $100 and I'd prefer to spend as much less than $100 as I can.

Any ideas?

Image


I started a writing challenge (not contest) a couple of days ago: One-a-Day. It's basically a way to get into writing something everyday. The goal is to write 100 words a day (which I don't think is too tough of a goal - 100 words isn't a lot). So if you're looking for a simple writing thing, check it out.

Image


I finally broke down and bought a beauty blender type thing and, holy shit, I'm glad I did because it's as wonderful as people say!

I'm not a great make-up person. I don't generally wear make up day-to-day because I'm lazy and awful at it. I mean, I wish I was better at it. I watch all these girls on Youtube do their makeup, and I'm like, "You beautiful geniuses, how?" But I'm not. Also, it doesn't help that I'm super cheap, so I generally go for the cheaper brands of everything which isn't always a good thing.

Anyway, I've had the hardest time dealing with foundation - finding the right color, finding a kind that works with my skin, finding one that's just simple and easy to apply - but I think all of that is no longer an issue because the knock-off beauty blender I bought (Target's Super Blender, which is only like one-fourth the prices of the real thing), makes liquid foundation so freakin' easy.

That's a picture of it up there (mine is actually pink) - which my sister says looks like a butt-plug (I can't argue with her there). I bought it yesterday (an impulse buy) and then tried it on with this old Clinique Stay Matte foundation I bought for my birthday last year, and it was literally the easiest foundation application I've ever tried and it looked the best. I even got a bit cocky afterword and used the blender to apply some powder blush (and even that worked great).

I'm so excited.

I'm planning to spend some time this weekend trying it out more.

Some Make Up Questions

- What brand of foundation do you use? Liquid or powder or foam or whipped whatever? Cost?
- How do you apply?
- Make up everyday? If so, how much?
- What's your usual make-up routine?
- What's the most you've spent on one make-up item?
- Any beauty Youtubers you'd recommend?
January 29th, 2015 at 08:07pm