I Desperately Need to Move Out || Independence!

Okay, so there was one thing that I didn't realize when my brain finally clicked into accepting that I'm actually a guy.

Pretending.

My best friend keeps saying that being at home is like a play, or a movie, or like, a fucking Halloween party, I don't know. But it's hard as fuck not to cringe. And today's my eighteenth birthday party and I deeeesperately wish I had a binder, a button down shirt and some goddamn manly pants instead of having to wear a dress, which makes me feel like a goddamn clown.

So instead of pretending for four fucking years that will be based around studying whatever the hell I decide to do (English filology, teaching, proffessional cowboying...?), I've decided that I want to move out.

Now, let little Spaniard Nik tell you somethin' bout Spanish culture;

We don't move out when we turn eughteen. Universities, public ones, are really cheap if you pass every class. It's like, 400€ if you fail and have to repeat it. Universities have dorms. On,y rich people or exchange students get the dorms. No, I can't get a dorm. No, I can't stay at this house or it will drive me to insanity, depression or a whole bunch of other things I'd rather not talk about. Spaniards don't move out until we're about, 24 or 25. 23 with luck. Crisis and stuff, you know?

So instead, I've been job hunting for the summer, asking close friends (girls because I'm a giiiiiiiiiirl, too, right? And it's sooooooooo indecent to share with a boooooy) and at the end of the day I've got my friend Pada (padawan, her name's Paula) to search for jobs around Castilla, where there's a cheap ass apartment where we'll probably live by the beginning of September.

Job hunting isn't as hard. The thing is, it's either modelling or waiter. Modelling get's a straight no, but I could try if I get extremely desperate. Also, there's work as a barman and it's ugh, okay, but the bar's full of military people that I desperately want to avoid.

On the other hand, it'd be better to work in a shitty place as long as I get to get the haircut I wanted, get the tattoo I wanted, choose how I dress, choose how I live and when to study (not at fucking 7am on a Sunday but at 9am, Jesus, Mom) and live without my sister picking on me 24/7 (lies, she's barely around the house, but when she is, she does it all the fucking time).

Of course, there's also bills. Water bills, power bills, and I get that Pada and I are gonna live off candles a lot since we love the internet. Ahhh, the internet. I will probably get shitty reception but god, it'll be so worth it.

I'm excited, though. Maybe I won't be extremelly well but it'll be fine because I'll be away. And that, my friends, is what matters the most. Because Pada knows that I'm a guy and she's really nice and I can actually do whatever the fuck I want with my free time, goddamnit.

So yeah. Independence rocks.
January 31st, 2015 at 01:19pm