I'm Done With This Person

I need to get something off my chest and I figured why not broadcast it through a simple blog. I’m still reeling from what happened with my friend, if I can still call her that. I’m royally pissed off, but at the same time I’m not broken up about it. If our friendship is over, so be it. I’m just so angry at her and she’s so clueless of my feelings and I’m angry at myself for how I handled the situation in the first place.

Here’s the short story: We met when we were twelve. Being the only two girls the same age in an older group, we stuck together but I wouldn’t call us inseparable. We have always been two different people who haven’t always put our differences aside. Still, we grew up together due to living in the dormitory at a private school and having the same classes. Five years later and I was graduating a year earlier than her. I was happy to get out of that hell hole piece of shit they called education.

All those time we spent together, we fought a lot which only end up her being mad at me for no good reasons. However, after I graduated, we spent time away from each other for a long period of time, which unfortunately did not make me miss her. We would hang out and there would be no fighting anymore. We grew up some more, but this time we grew on our own, away from each other. All these years, our friendship had always been strained and yet somehow we were okay.

We live in different cities now, have for almost three years, which are about five hours away by car. I haven’t seen her in a while, which you can imagine it was something I’d look forward to if I ever make a trip up there or she ever came down. I’m sad to say that I no longer look forward to seeing her due to this situation. Talk about drama.

First thing first, I don’t like her boyfriend. Not only is he three years younger than us, but also he’s immature and disrespectful toward me. For whatever fucking reason he made up in his head, he has hated my guts for five years now. Somebody is holding a silly grudge, which I have absolutely no idea what it’s about because I barely socialized with that kid and he needs to get over it.

With that said, here we go.

A mutual friend of ours was telling me about the baby shower. Yes, she’s pregnant. Yes, her boyfriend is unfortunately the father. When I heard about the baby shower that was taking place in a few weeks, I turned to my friend and brought it up. She was being rather vague about it, so I asked her if I was invited.

She never answered me back.

A couple days go by and I still haven’t heard from her. Rather unexpectedly, I get a text from her boyfriend. I don’t have him programmed into my phone and I know she gave him my number to tell me that I was not in fact invited to the baby shower because ‘we hate each other and you don’t respect me’ were his words. Noticed how he said I don’t respect him as if he was any better. That was the first thing that pissed me off. Secondly, my friend didn’t have the courtesy to tell me herself from one friend to another. I’m not even friends with her boyfriend and he had to tell me. Third, he said in the text that he didn’t feel comfortable if I came and that the baby shower is not only for her but for him as well.

-_-

Dude, are you fucking pregnant too?

Because of his text and her lack of respect for our friendship, I blew up. I’m not ashamed to admit that. I blew up and I used every curse words in the curse dictionary. I called her boyfriend names and said some things that weren’t exactly nice. But hey, who says nice things when they are beyond pissed?

Once I’ve calmed down, I apologized and redirected the conversation in a more civil way. After all, we’re adults. Unfortunately, she didn’t want to hear what I have to say because she’s rude when it’s not about her and when the world doesn’t revolve around her. Apparently, I wasn’t considerate toward her feelings and I knew right then that she had completely ignored my feelings.

She acts like life is so hard for her, but in reality she gets everything handed to her on a silver platter. She has a second floor place to sleep, a car, and an income from her parents. I’m broke as hell, behind on my bills and struggling to find jobs in one of the most expensive cities in the province. Plus, I use the city transit. Bitch, please.

Fourth, she is selfish. She’s inviting people who she doesn’t consider as friends to her baby shower because if it meant they were bringing gifts, why not? I couldn’t believe my ears.

But wait, there’s more. A few days later, I found out that she has deleted me from Facebook and blocked my number on her phone. That’s how it is. She could care less about our friendship. About me. Which brings me to my final point of this long, exhausting blog.

Last, but not least, what pissed me off the most was her snobby attitude. What? You’re starting a ‘family’ and now that makes you the better person? No. That’s a poor excuse. It makes you shallow and a bad friend. You walked away from our friendship rather than talking about it. And for that reason alone, I’m done with you.

I have lost all respect for her.

I’m done with her.

I’m done.
February 1st, 2015 at 07:16am