January Favourites

First day of the February Challenge! Yay!

So, here are some of my favourite things from January!

My favourite tv shows are Cucumber and Banana, which are new shows on channel 4 and E4, written by Russell T Davis. They're both part of three connected series, the other being Tofu, a webseries that's only on 40d. Both Cucumber and Banana are about inter-connecting groups of LGBT people in Manchester. Cucumber - which is longer and more adult - is about a gay man, Henry Best, who breaks up with his boyfriend after a date night goes really wrong. Banana is shorter, and deals with LGBT youth, with each episode focusing on a different person. There's a lot of overlap between both shows, and they're both amazing.

My favourite book is Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan. It's a historical fiction about a jazz who are trying to make a record under the Nazi occupation of Paris. But before the record is completed, Hieronymus Falk, the trumpet player and a rising star in the jazz scene, is arrested. The narration is lovely, and the characters feel very real.

My favourite youtuber is Claudia Boleyn, who makes amazing content. She reviewed series 8 of Doctor Who and series 3 of Sherlock (and she's started reviewing Cucumber and Banana), and had really good insights into both. She's also recently started making vlogs, and she talks a lot about social justice and mental health issues. So if you like fandoms and social justice, you should definitely go subscribe to her.

My favourite item of clothing is the black cardigan that I got for Christmas. It's beautiful, and it looks great with everything, and I love it.

My favourite story on mibba is Galaxies by parry otter. There's only one chapter up so far, but it's so good!

So, that's it for now.
February 1st, 2015 at 05:07pm